Home

Owner Mode - Jets/Giants Relocation Impossible?

This is a discussion on Owner Mode - Jets/Giants Relocation Impossible? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13
Owner Mode - Jets/Giants Relocation Impossible?

Like many of the other posters on OS, I'm truly excited to get my hands on the new revamped Owners Mode in Madden 25. Having the ability to relocate your team removed from Madden 13 was really disappointing for a guy(me) who loves any form of Creation Mode in Sports Games. Given that I'm Irish, I'm in love with the idea of relocating a team to Dublin, Ireland. My first thought was to use the Jacksonville Jaguars and move them over to Dublin. But then I came to the decision that a team in Dublin would need an overseas rival (IRL) to be successful. Thus, I'd need to in-turn, relocate a team to London as well.

This is where I run into my first gripe with Owner Mode, we can't restructure the Divisions and Conferences. If the Jacksonville Jaguars (IRL), were to relocate to either London or Dublin, it would make far more sense for them to be moved up into the AFC East. Then the Miami Dolphins (Relax Dolphin Fans), would move into the AFC South. If you had two teams moving overseas, you'd likely want both teams playing in the same Division so they could establish a rivalry and save some travel time. But in the new Owner Mode, you're stuck in the same Division the previous team was in. Hopefully this is something they have fixed for Madden 15/Madden 26. So with this, I decided that I wouldn't run with the Jacksonville Jaguars because there isn't anybody else in the AFC South that makes sense to move. I started to weigh my options and that's when I came up with the idea to use the Buffalo Bills. And that gents, is the basis for this thread.

First off, sorry for all of that (^) introduction to the actual topic. Now that I've decided that the Buffalo Bills will become the Dublin Shamrocks, I need to decide who will become the London Black Knights (Or Monarchs, I haven't decided). Maybe I choose a team like the Patriots? No, they've been way too successful and having a team in Boston in the same division as teams in Dublin and London just seems appropriate. Maybe it's time to move the Dolphins? Nah, they're far too classic of a team and they're the most loved NFL team in Florida. But surely not the New York Jets (Relax Jets Fans)? Actually, I could see that. The Jets have been struggling on the brink here lately and they're currently sharing a city and stadium with the New York Giants. They're credible enough to be an exciting relocation to a city like London. And that would leave the Division with teams in Boston, London, Dublin and Miami. I mean the only thing that doesn't fit is the fact that Miami doesn't end with a On/In sound. But wait, would moving the Jets even be possible?

Okay, I swear I'm getting to the point now. It's been reported that your Stadium pretty much has to drop below 40 in approval before you can be eligible for relocation. With the popularity of the New York Jets and the beautiful new Metlife Stadium, relocation would be difficult in the first place. But it should still be possible, right? This is where I have my question. How does the Stadium sharing with the New York Giants work in Owner Mode? Are the Stadiums treated like two separate locations? Where if I neglect the Stadium enough, I'll be able to move but it won't show as being neglected for the Giants? Or will any neglect to the Stadium I make, be negated by the fact that the CPU Owner for the Giants is maintaining upkeep on the Stadium? If that is the case, both the Jets and Giants would have to be playing poorly (unlikely) and neglecting the brand new Metlife Stadium (unlikely). Could this set up a possible situation where unless you operate as the owner of the Giants and Jets, moving either team would be impossible?

Hopefully after all of that, I've brought up a topic worth discussing and debating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Owner Mode - Jets/Giants Relocation Impossible?

id move the panthers, look for lowest attendance, poo performance. as im english and see some of the wembley games my hint would be which teams have been the home teams for wembley so far, they are the ones in trouble fan wise imo
Old 06-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

That's a good question about the Jets and the Giants, and I guess we will have to wait and see unless someone knows the answer. The one thing I see is your gripe about owners mode and not being able to change the divisions and stuff. The owners do not have that control, that is up to the NFL. I'm sure they would have to have a vote on it, but it would have to come from the top to start. Although it would be nice to be able to do it in the game.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

some teams souild be impossible to move like

NE' NYJ PITT CLE HOU DAL NYG WASH PILLY CHI GB NO SF
Old 06-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
^ what he said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods

Why? What so special about those teams?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

Great, now every one and their mother is going to move the Jaguars in Madden because they think we can't support them. Even in EA's videos they showed them moving.

A little off topic, sorry just felt like griping.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #8
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods

Agree, but my list would be something like:
NYJ, NYG, NE, SF, DAL, PHI, CHI, GB, NO, STL, MIN, ATL, PIT, MIA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »