Home

Will this be the year?

This is a discussion on Will this be the year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Will this be the year?

Will this be the year that longstanding legacy issues are addressed?

Am I going to have to go through another year of users resorting to dropping ten in coverage, and sending one pass rusher that (somehow) results in immense pressure and a plethora of coverage sacks?

Why are these legacy issues seemingly ignored? Will they ever be addressed? I fear that the majority of the Madden fan base results to these exploits/downright glitches and EA fears loss of business due to a switch to a more sim offering.

I sincerely hope this thread isn't flamed and/or a mod doesn't exercise censorship as these are questions that time and again are sometimes overlooked, but more often intentionally dismissed. These issues hamper my online experience year in and out (along with a lot of users here). I've even heard of players completely abandoning online as they've had such terrible experiences due to said legacy issues that they've "settled" with an offline experience. This is very upsetting as players are forced to sacrifice certain aspects that they genuinely enjoy of the online experience to play lame redundant predictable AI (another thing lacking) resulting in a bland experience.

I honestly at this point would rather EA address longstanding legacy issues that are completely game breaking over implementation of new unbalanced/incomplete game play mechanics (just for a season) just so I (and others) can enjoy a legitimate test of skill - even if just for a year.

I miss the legitimacy of other titles and early Madden. Now we're given "Street Fighter Combos" with our running backs. I think it's abundantly clear the direction of Madden. I hope it doesn't continue to become more of an arcade style game, but it looks like that's what sells. Please EA give me back the Madden I know and love. Madden 10 was the last time I enjoyed Madden - since it's just been baseless gimmicks.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 07-09-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will this be the year?

My questions toward Madden 25 (or Madden 14 which some call it) is...will there be an option for CPU vs CPU or Coach Mode (where you call plays only as the cpu runs the play) in Owner Mode and/or Offline Franchise Mode?

Last year's game did not have this and I know I, as well as others, did not like it at all. Personally I find it fun to coach or just watch the games so I am curious if this is available in this upcoming game
Old 07-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

The problem isn't the game as much as it is the players, I think.

You can play Madden as a simulative NFL experience, or you can play it like a videogame. Most online will play it like a video game. I'm not sure anything can really be done to prevent that, considering that Madden has relatively short dev cycle.

Last edited by Darxide; 07-09-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

I know this is completely off topic but I'm not sure what other way to get the answer. This is my first post and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me why I can't post a new thread? I don't see a rules section that says you need a certain amount of posts before you can do so.

Anyone?
Old 07-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKayzle
I know this is completely off topic but I'm not sure what other way to get the answer. This is my first post and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me why I can't post a new thread? I don't see a rules section that says you need a certain amount of posts before you can do so.

Anyone?
u def need a certain amount of posts. As for madden, it can be arcade-y. But sim as well. There's always gonna be random glitches ppl will find to win. It's annoying but it's been that way since like 2000 haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darxide
The problem isn't the game as much as it is the players, I think.

You can play Madden as a simulative NFL experience, or you can play it like a videogame. Most online will play it like a video game. I'm not sure anything can really be done to prevent that, considering that Madden has relatively short dev cycle.
I couldn't disagree more. It's the fact that the game is designed in such a way that allows the players to do what they do and be successful. That's why that "other" game drew me away from madden years earlier. You could try that crap, but it won't work. I NEVER blame the players. They want to win, why wouldn't they simply do what works? If you can successfully utilize the arcadey nature of Madden to help you win, most people are going to do it. Throwing accurate passes when running backwards with your QB, covering the entire field with a linebacker, throwing pinpoint passes when on the run, being able to run faster backwards than a DE can run forward, etc. etc. Calling Dollar defense and successfully stopping the run, not having penalties called. Streak routes that either win or lose instantly at the line instead of correct WR/DB jostling for position. The list is long and it all contributes the issues being discussed here.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

If Madden 25 is anything like NCAA Football 14, then one pass rusher will not get any where near the Qb with the upgraded blocking logic. So thats one issue you won't have to worry about.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrollrebel
My questions toward Madden 25 (or Madden 14 which some call it) is...will there be an option for CPU vs CPU or Coach Mode (where you call plays only as the cpu runs the play) in Owner Mode and/or Offline Franchise Mode?

Last year's game did not have this and I know I, as well as others, did not like it at all. Personally I find it fun to coach or just watch the games so I am curious if this is available in this upcoming game
Pretty sure you cant in CCM. Only in play now . There is a whole thread on this topic somewhere on these blogs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »