Home

WORST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!!!!

This is a discussion on WORST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2003, 08:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
WORST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!!!!

I was sitting in front of my TV playing a game of Madden. I was the Eagles up 24-6 on the Cowboys in the 3rd quarter. Then my buddy stops over. He's got something called 'Wilson NFL football'. It's big, oval, and brown, and for some odd reason it won't fit in my X-Box. After a bit, my buddy convinced me to put on my coat and shoes and we headed outside. (I must say, the lack of an instruction manual with this thing definately should have tipped me off).

We arrived out at a big field, I must say that initially I was impressed with the graphics. We actually left footprints in the little bit of snow that was on the ground as we went. When my buddy tripped, I noticed that his outfit actually got dirty in real time. The grass textures were very good (I still think NFL Fever may have better grass textures, but that's just my opinion). Then I started noticing the complete lack of detail. There was nobody on the sidelines for starters. I mean, seriously, that's standard for any game these days, am I right? The guy in the 'Keyshawn' jersey was fat and white, and his facial textures didn't look a thing like Keyshawn. No towels or handwarmers, where was the attention to detail? There weren't even any lines on the field! Just a couple of cones for the pylons. I felt the graphics were a mixed bag, but at least they were 100 times better than the sound. No announcers, AT ALL!!! Not even a soundtrack. Absolutely ZERO atmosphere. Needless to say, I was getting annoyed.

My spirits picked up a bit when my buddy explained the 'real time control system' to me. You actually move your legs to run, and your arms to throw and catch. My first thought was that this was an absolutely revolutionary idea. If they could pull this off, they'd have ESPN's FPF beat by a mile. I guess you have to start every game in fantasy mode, because my buddy and another guy started picking teams. After the teams were set, I realized that this was 7-on-7 football. Can you believe that? Unreal. Anyway, back to the control system. It sounded good in theory, but it was impossible to work with. I had my Mike Vick jersey on. Everybody knows that Vick has AT LEAST 95 speed, but no matter how fast I tried to move my legs, even the big fat dude in the retro Reggie White jersey caught up with me. (By the way, quick side note, small props to this game for apparently having classic players names in the game.) The ball physics were horrible, when I stepped in at QB and went to throw, the ball would just flutter up in the air and drop about 15 yards in front of me. It was as bad as the original NFL Fever, but at least the ball in Fever looked like a spiral. Needless to say I was getting frustrated. Jukes were impossible to pull off, every time I tried I just fell down. There were NO tackling animations. ZERO! People were laying their hands on a somebody and the play was blown dead. Don't get me started about the offensive line play... THERE WAS NONE! The defensive line play consisted of some guy yelling Mississippis at the QB an chasing him around. ESPN's offensive line play blows this away by miles. Even Madden's suction blocking beat this garbage. The game was way too hard, I got fatigued by the third play, where were the sliders? You GOTTA have sliders in a game nowadays.

By the time the game was over I was disgusted. It just ended! That was it. No stats, nothing! Where was the franchise mode? Hell, not even a season mode! No Hall of Fame. This game was just weak. This 'Wilson NFL football' truly sucked and was not worth the money my buddy paid for it. I'll be sitting on my couch playing Madden the rest of this year. Just one more bit of proof that Madden is KING as far as I'm concerned.

Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2003, 09:43 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: WORST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!!!!

Quote:

EvilWill said:
I was sitting in front of my TV playing a game of Madden. I was the Eagles up 24-6 on the Cowboys in the 3rd quarter. Then my buddy stops over. He's got something called 'Wilson NFL football'. It's big, oval, and brown, and for some odd reason it won't fit in my X-Box. After a bit, my buddy convinced me to put on my coat and shoes and we headed outside. (I must say, the lack of an instruction manual with this thing definately should have tipped me off).

We arrived out at a big field, I must say that initially I was impressed with the graphics. We actually left footprints in the little bit of snow that was on the ground as we went. When my buddy tripped, I noticed that his outfit actually got dirty in real time. The grass textures were very good (I still think NFL Fever may have better grass textures, but that's just my opinion). Then I started noticing the complete lack of detail. There was nobody on the sidelines for starters. I mean, seriously, that's standard for any game these days, am I right? The guy in the 'Keyshawn' jersey was fat and white, and his facial textures didn't look a thing like Keyshawn. No towels or handwarmers, where was the attention to detail? There weren't even any lines on the field! Just a couple of cones for the pylons. I felt the graphics were a mixed bag, but at least they were 100 times better than the sound. No announcers, AT ALL!!! Not even a soundtrack. Absolutely ZERO atmosphere. Needless to say, I was getting annoyed.

My spirits picked up a bit when my buddy explained the 'real time control system' to me. You actually move your legs to run, and your arms to throw and catch. My first thought was that this was an absolutely revolutionary idea. If they could pull this off, they'd have ESPN's FPF beat by a mile. I guess you have to start every game in fantasy mode, because my buddy and another guy started picking teams. After the teams were set, I realized that this was 7-on-7 football. Can you believe that? Unreal. Anyway, back to the control system. It sounded good in theory, but it was impossible to work with. I had my Mike Vick jersey on. Everybody knows that Vick has AT LEAST 95 speed, but no matter how fast I tried to move my legs, even the big fat dude in the retro Reggie White jersey caught up with me. (By the way, quick side note, small props to this game for apparently having classic players names in the game.) The ball physics were horrible, when I stepped in at QB and went to throw, the ball would just flutter up in the air and drop about 15 yards in front of me. It was as bad as the original NFL Fever, but at least the ball in Fever looked like a spiral. Needless to say I was getting frustrated. Jukes were impossible to pull off, every time I tried I just fell down. There were NO tackling animations. ZERO! People were laying their hands on a somebody and the play was blown dead. Don't get me started about the offensive line play... THERE WAS NONE! The defensive line play consisted of some guy yelling Mississippis at the QB an chasing him around. ESPN's offensive line play blows this away by miles. Even Madden's suction blocking beat this garbage. The game was way too hard, I got fatigued by the third play, where were the sliders? You GOTTA have sliders in a game nowadays.

By the time the game was over I was disgusted. It just ended! That was it. No stats, nothing! Where was the franchise mode? Hell, not even a season mode! No Hall of Fame. This game was just weak. This 'Wilson NFL football' truly sucked and was not worth the money my buddy paid for it. I'll be sitting on my couch playing Madden the rest of this year. Just one more bit of proof that Madden is KING as far as I'm concerned.

Peace.

, This post needs to be moved.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:09 PM   #3
MVP

jason8ooo's Arena

OVR: 9

Booo! That wasn't funny.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:10 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

A witty satire of the way SOME gamers are when it comes to their beloved game of choice. Sure it isn't laugh out loud funny but like most satires there is a kernal of truth to it.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:14 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

You must have too much time on your hands to come up with that BS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2003, 10:39 PM   #6
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

I found it to be an amusing read. I didn't laugh, but I chuckled a couple of times.

It's still in the wrong forum.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:46 PM   #7
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Damn, you guys are harsh.

I thouught it was pretty funny
Old 12-14-2003, 01:21 AM   #8
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

good job evilwill, satire comedy is wasted on the couch potatoes you are referencing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »