Home

Some of yall online Madden gamers trip me out.

This is a discussion on Some of yall online Madden gamers trip me out. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2004, 02:35 PM   #17
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Some of yall online Madden gamers trip me out.

For the record, I did play one madden game online with ps2. I was the Chargers and the other guy was the Packers. I got out to a commanding lead but he slowly came back. He took the lead late with a field goal, and then I couldn't drive in time and I lost. It was one of the best games I've ever played, not to mention I couldn't believe it was against somebody online. I wish I remembered the guy's name, he was a real class act.

Forgot to mention, I was up by 14 or 17 entering the 3rd quarter and he didn't bitch or anything, just kept playing. That's how it should be.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:26 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

asianflow said:
In the future I wish there was some way to detect somebody elses age. If I had it my way, I would only play people over 19 (as they're is far less immature people over that age braket when compared to people below it)

AMEN TO THAT!! I think it should be mandatory to somehow have this posted. EA also needs to make it so you can't just delete and make new accounts like it is now. People cheese it up and then disconnect, get a bad record and just delete it and create a new one. It needs to be like XBOX Live where when you login it asks for some form of verification (perhaps a code key from your PS2 adapter) and you are allowed to create like 5 accounts but once those are made they are there forever and not deletable.

That is the main way that alot of this nonsense is ever going to stop is to make peoples records, bad or good, follow them around with them and let people see what they really do online.

Here are some other ideas I have for cutting down on this nonsense:

1. Make it so not only are user records undeletable and follow that user but those records are like EBAY in a sense of they have user feedback. In other words, allow users to rate the user they just played and also post comments about how he plays. Sure there would be poor losers who would post things but overall I think most people who play str8 but get beat by another str8 person will make a note of the fact that the other guy beat them but played str8. I know this because you can search this board and many other madden/ncaa boards and see that str8 players for the most part take str8 losses and will not lie about it.

Having fixed user records that can't be erased and follow the user around and having user feedback available for public viewing are the two best ways to cut down on irresponsible and stupid gameplay.

2. We have a "Friends" list, why can't we also have a "Enemies/Cheesers" list? Now of course this list must be made to be very large considering the # of idiots online, altho if we disable ppl deleting and creating new accounts it won't be as big.

3. And if they do let us create an "Enemeis/Cheesers" list hy not make it that when you play someone who cheesed you or quit on you that you can add that person to your enemies list. And then also make that list shareable amongst your buddies like in a common pool of enemies. So even when you're not playing your friends are marking cheesers for you (of course you'd have to trust their judgement).

4. And finally, if they do make that "Enemies/Cheesers list" then perhaps have those peoples names who are on this shared enemies list appear online in red or just be invisible (your choice). That way if you have very many friends who play frequently you could tag huge numbers of online cheesers/quittes you could choose to avoid by workign together with your friends to mark all of these fools.

Odogg I could not have summed it any better than you did, everything you said is spot on. That would have to be an awful lot of space for the cheesers list.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:11 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Thanks man! It would require a bit more work by EA but as much money as we give them guys they owe it to us IMO. Cuz online play can be so rewarding but alot of what goes on online will never be regulated by "fair play" or anything like that. As long as you give free will there will always be people who choose to abuse it. That's not anything that can really be regulated other than providing negative feedback from other users.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:12 PM   #20
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

asianflow said:
In the future I wish there was some way to detect somebody elses age. If I had it my way, I would only play people over 19 (as they're is far less immature people over that age braket when compared to people below it)

I know a lot of people agree with that comment, but I don't. I'm 15 yet I'm much more mature acting than most of my friends, heck, I have my own site, but I don't go online talking smack and make racial remarks. You would be surprised to find how many older (20-30) year old guys are actually the immature, annoying ones. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »