Home

With every awesome it always seems to be followed with a "Yea, but...."

This is a discussion on With every awesome it always seems to be followed with a "Yea, but...." within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #17

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: With every awesome it always seems to be followed with a "Yea, but...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Every thread there is always one of these guys, and for some reason it always seems to be that they never manage to realize that there is a department focused solely on making uniforms, stadium updates etc. etc.

These are not the people working on your gameplay, so we should expect them to get the things they are doing correct.

And you can worry about the gameplay and programming team getting the things you're focused on correct.
You need to tone it down a bit.

Like you, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And some people don't care about uniforms as much as you do. It's not about "one of those guys" or anything else you can say to attempt to dispel his OPINION.

Point out the errors to your hearts content, I know how important they are to you.

But don't start saying someone who disagrees with that opinion is "that guy". That is just straight trolling.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #18
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I accept it as a video game. I would only notice something maybe on a closeup replay. 95% of the time you'll be playing from a top down perspective and not near that close to jersey to notice. Little details are nice, but let's really not worry about uniforms.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #19
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I accept it as a video game. I would only notice something maybe on a closeup replay. 95% of the time you'll be playing from a top down perspective and not near that close to jersey to notice. Little details are nice, but let's really not worry about uniforms.
I'm not one who extremely cares about uniforms but since teams are split working on this think about it from this view, If this team can't get things right with their resources what makes you think the other teams aren't off either? If you can point out stuff now maybe it makes it in the game on time or within the first patch. I understand that many don't care 100% about uniforms and I for one am not huge on it but what about people who do care or play coach mode they may notice that more then you. I don't see why someone feels the need to tell others who cares they shouldn't worry about it when its their feelings/opinions. I agree I think gameplay is more important but I also agree with RGiles in that we shouldn't have to sacrifice one for the other when there are teams devoted to this issue. Look at the college threads and how many people notice uniforms being wrong. That's my opinion on it.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #20
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I also just noticed that the NFL logo is on the wrong side of the pants for the Bears.

They literally took the old Reebok pants and put the new NFL shield on it(on the wrong side might I add) They are not the new Nike pants the bears use with the new padded belt and vent lines.

To top it off the Nike logo is missing for both teams.
if the nike logo isn't there, which it isn't, this photo doesn't confirm anything in the OP. those faded blue pants were in madden 13. they are faded blue because they are the 2011-12 version which were reebok. Why the art team made all the throwbacks faded last year is beyond me but they looked like crap in game. so until I see the navy NIKE pants on a bears player I don't believe they actually fixed this yet which is disappointing. the Bears color scheme is NOT quantum physics but the guys at EA managed to make it seem like it is. Blue white ans a LITTLE bit of orange. They butchered one of the most recognizable uniform in sports and in the videos at E3 I STILL saw the Orange pants set to default. Also EA has NEVER captured the true color of Blue that the Bears wear. The real color used is way more darker in hue to what EA uses in the game. I would say it is closer to black in color than navy blue. Deep Navy blue maybe I don't know I don't have the names of my Crayola crayons handy right now. EA needs to make the blue darker for next gen

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 07-24-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #21
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
if the nike logo isn't there, which it isn't, this photo doesn't confirm anything in the OP. those faded blue pants were in madden 13. they are faded blue because they are the 2011-12 version which were reebok. Why the art team made all the throwbacks faded last year is beyond me but they looked like crap in game. so until I see the navy NIKE pants on a bears player I don't believe they actually fixed this yet which is disappointing.
They did make changes though, they took the Reebok pants and removed the NFL equipment logo and put the new NFL shield, forgot the Nike logo and put it on the wrong side to top it off.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #22
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You need to tone it down a bit.

Like you, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And some people don't care about uniforms as much as you do. It's not about "one of those guys" or anything else you can say to attempt to dispel his OPINION.

Point out the errors to your hearts content, I know how important they are to you.

But don't start saying someone who disagrees with that opinion is "that guy". That is just straight trolling.

Hardly trolling nor was it meant with any malice.

Everytime I make a thread regarding details someone always comes in to tell me MY OPINION or MY THOUGHTS on the subject are nit picking and pointless and that I and many others should only focus on gameplay.

To me that is trolling and not an opinion, it's just rude and not really needed.

I don't go into gameplay threads or threads about defense being broken and say:

"But guy's the Bears pants are orange, shouldn't the team be focusing more on fixing uniforms? I mean the gameplay is fine, its the uniforms and player equipment they should really be focusing on!"

Isn't the point of this forum to help make the game better? I worked on the gameplay team, I have worked in multiple areas of the game, I don't bother to voice myself in gameplay threads because it seems like everyone else seems to be on the same page as me, it's rather pointless for me to just come in and just say, HEY I AGREE!

I make these threads to help all areas of the game get focused on, I do the same thing for Stadium upgrades and equipment upgrades, I want everything to be focused on. Why? Because I know the resources are there.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
My malice wasn't meant towards you Kane. Just get tired of everybody complaining about every little thing. To be honest though your criticism was constructive so I do apologize. For your sake hopefully they fix the issue for you.
8 GB Kingston RAM
Old 07-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #24
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Hardly trolling nor was it meant with any malice.

Everytime I make a thread regarding details someone always comes in to tell me MY OPINION or MY THOUGHTS on the subject are nit picking and pointless and that I and many others should only focus on gameplay.

To me that is trolling and not an opinion, it's just rude and not really needed.

I don't go into gameplay threads or threads about defense being broken and say:

"But guy's the Bears pants are orange, shouldn't the team be focusing more on fixing uniforms? I mean the gameplay is fine, its the uniforms and player equipment they should really be focusing on!"

Isn't the point of this forum to help make the game better? I worked on the gameplay team, I have worked in multiple areas of the game, I don't bother to voice myself in gameplay threads because it seems like everyone else seems to be on the same page as me, it's rather pointless for me to just come in and just say, HEY I AGREE!

I make these threads to help all areas of the game get focused on, I do the same thing for Stadium upgrades and equipment upgrades, I want everything to be focused on. Why? Because I know the resources are there.
I totally agree with you. I wish more people showed as much passion toward every aspect of games as you. Is it a deal breaker because patches and logos are not in the correct place? NO! But as a PC gamer also, I like for my games (NBA 2K) to be as correct and detailed as possible.

That why there are plenty of modding sites that solely focus on every possible detail from shoes, jerseys, headbands, courts and so on.

So, In my opinion, every aspect of the game is equally important.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »