Home

With every awesome it always seems to be followed with a "Yea, but...."

This is a discussion on With every awesome it always seems to be followed with a "Yea, but...." within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #49

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: With every awesome it always seems to be followed with a "Yea, but...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
I do understand that some of the stuff is kind of nitpicky in the grand scheme of things, but if you're going to put something like a captain's patch on a uniform you should put it in the right place. Just having an item added does not mean that you are done. To kept going with this logic, players could have helmets on backwards and we could say it's nitpicky to want it fixed.

Basically I think if you're going to add something like a captain's patch, add it right or not at all. It is a small thing, but there is a team for doing the uniforms. And I know it's not a walk the park to do, but they get to look at pictures and know exactly what it's supposed to look like. All you have to do is copy it.
This is where I disagree.

At work and in life, I 100% agree that if you are going to do something, do it right.

When it comes to video games, it's not our JOB to tell them what to do. It's our job to decide if what is in the game is to our liking.

Don't take that as me saying we can't voice our opinion because as a consumer, that is a necessity.

I got into a back and forth earlier with Kane who is someone I highly respect and always have. He has an incredible eye for these things.

My point is, to me, I would rather have an incorrect caption patch than to not have it at all. I just don't care enough about it. Same goes for facemasks, socks, etc...

I also have no issue, nor do I have the right to, with anyone who values those things and critiques them.

My only issue comes when those who value those things, de-values those of us who don't care that much as if our opinion is less valid.

I want a captains patch in the game, I just don't care if the C is wrong or if the stars are in the wrong place.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #50
Pro

slowdifference's Arena

OVR: 2

Honestly, I could never spot some of these minor things people spot.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Hardly. People will find something to complain about, no matter what. We see it with every title no matter the quality. For whatever reason EA seems to get it worse than the others, but don't kid yourself that the nitpicking will ever end. EA could make the greatest game in the history of sports games, and someone would complain about sock height or shoe string color or whatever it may be.

As I said, EA deserves more than their share of criticism, particularly in this generation, but people seem to be digging extra hard to find things to complain about.
They do it with The Show, considered one of the greatest sports games...

So yeah, it'll never please everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
New screenshot, Captains patches are right side up! Butt the bad news is its in the wrong spot just like that Tom Brady screenshot, a captains patch should never be on the collar on the Nike jersey.

The Vikings helmet and uniform is looking great! But the number font is still wrong :/

The Bears blue pants are in! But the NFL logo is on the wrong side and the Nike logo is missing.

The Vikings pants are looking good! But there is no NFL or Nike logo on them for some reason.

They're trying to pull a fast one on us. Those are the pants from pre-2012, basically the Reebok unis without the Rebook logo.

I'll bet you the orange pants are still in the game as the Bears' primary road set.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #53
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Did you just compare placement of Captains patches to helmets being on backwards? Really? That's your justification?
I was exaggerating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
My point is, to me, I would rather have an incorrect caption patch than to not have it at all. I just don't care enough about it. Same goes for facemasks, socks, etc...

I want a captains patch in the game, I just don't care if the C is wrong or if the stars are in the wrong place.
I would rather have things added that aren't perfect then not at all for most things in Madden (gameplay mechanics or entire stadiums for example), but for the caption's patch and things like it, they are copying something that is small, simple and very easy to find images of. If you are so close just finish it.

That said things like this are not a game breaker for me at all, I just wish they would put a little bit more polish on them before they stop.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #54
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
They do it with The Show, considered one of the greatest sports games...

So yeah, it'll never please everyone.
Expect what you have and you become complacent, why shouldn't we always continue to point things out to try and get the best product we can? Also since some of you haven't read this thread at all its been stated a few times that the team who works on uni's doesn't work on gameplay so it isn't like them leaving the wrong uniform's in the game will stop them from fixing gameplay since they wouldn't work on it anyway. Also if you read RGiles post in another thread, throwing motions is a little detail to most but he says he is likely skipping this year because they aren't working properly again and it ruins his immersion. What I don't get is why people seem to want to come in here and just say who cares they should fix gameplay honestly they should fix both why can't people agree that both need to be fixed why wait on one when its 2 different teams working on it? I mean honestly if they had the Lions in Red and Green uniforms people would be pissed. Sometimes all the small things add up into one big thing.

Last edited by ozzy57; 07-28-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #55
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
This reminds me of something....

Van Halen used to tell their stadium crews at each new venue.. that they wanted M&M's in their dressing room with all the brown m&m's taken out. People thought this was crazy.. Their answer?... it's a test... if they can't get something simple like that correct.. imagine all the mistakes they will make on instruments, audio...etc.

If EA can't get something correct as simple as uniforms. (Basically their only necessary reference could be google images).. then how do we expect them to get major gameplay and presentation aspects correct?... in my opinion it just sums up EA's relaxed approach to simulation football.
All food and beverages are provided by the venue, not the crew. The band puts this in their rider which is handed to the venue weeks before the show. I was in the crew for the band Gang of Four and their "weird" rider request was a wine that could normally only be found in England. Two out of the 20 venues on the tour actually had provided it when we showed up. The members in the band were impressed and seemed to perform better those nights.

I think we should let M25 come out before making any more comments. Give them the chance to fix their mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #56
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

The Vikings numbers are VERY different from their real life iterations.

I am waiting for the sleeves to be accurately represented and the under shirts to have varying lengths...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »