Home

With every awesome it always seems to be followed with a "Yea, but...."

This is a discussion on With every awesome it always seems to be followed with a "Yea, but...." within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #65
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: With every awesome it always seems to be followed with a "Yea, but...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
Really well put. Also, I don't think we can judge how other people see the world or the game. The fact that I don't notice something doesn't make it unimportant or invisible to everyone. Some people seem to be struggling with that. Mistakes with uniforms are completely fixable. If someone is good at spotting that stuff - or can't make himself NOT notice it - then he should be able to speak up without having to be judged for it.
Piggy backing off this and you quoting Giles that was my point is that just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean you should attack someone who it does bother. As it has been stated again uniforms do impact people maybe not as much as others but they do have an impact. If NCAA is any indication though they did put out a uniform pack for free already so hopefully madden will have issues fixed at or near release as well. Though I am not too big on uniforms I do like the fact there are people out there who noticed issues with them and as bad as he is even throwing motions such as Tony Romo's. Again there is no point we all can't ask for improvements to each department

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #66
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

I want to know why people on here seem to like to complain about others complaining? You guys make posting a complaint about something wrong in the game on these forums out to be like snitching on a murderer.. If the game has errors and omissions, and this is a forum for letting everyone including the developers what is wrong about their game so that they can fix it, don't you think everyone "nitpicking" should not get harrassed so much??

And stop using hypotheticals saying "oh if EA made the most perfect game then you guys would still complain about sock height." If EA made the game authentic and stopped BSing all the time you don't know what people would talk about.. Maybe everyone on here would actually praise the game for once in damn near 10 years..
Old 07-30-2013, 02:58 AM   #67
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
I want to know why people on here seem to like to complain about others complaining? You guys make posting a complaint about something wrong in the game on these forums out to be like snitching on a murderer.. If the game has errors and omissions, and this is a forum for letting everyone including the developers what is wrong about their game so that they can fix it, don't you think everyone "nitpicking" should not get harrassed so much??
Probably because the complainers have a really hard time keeping there complaints limited to threads and posts that are actually relevant to their complaints. I mean, we have a stickied thread that is dedicated to the entire uniform error topic already. I'm not knocking it at all, I get it. There are things wrong that people want fixed. But sifting through the same stuff in multiple threads that have virtually nothing to do with the topic does get old after a while.

To me, it's no different than the people who dismiss those complaints/concerns about things as nitpicking. All it does is devolve thread after thread into bickering back and forth about what concerns should or shouldn't be "most important'.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #68
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Everybody that plays madden has a favorite team and I'm sure that they would all like their team faithfully recreated in the game. Whether that's ratings, equipment, or uniform. It should be the art departments job to make sure that happens. And when it doesn't we should speak out.
The bolded sentence in oneamongthefence's post stands out to me. I can't remember what year it was, but it was around or between Madden 2010 and 2012...a developer stated in an interview (and I'm paraphrasing here) that "no matter their record or status, everyone has a favorite team. We want to make sure the details fans expect are there."

Again, I may have paraphrased that quote from memory but when you have developers saying this, fans expect it.

As a Bills fan, I am one of many unfortunate souls caught in the irrelevance of a 13-year playoff drought. I love that EA finally included the 2007 Ralph Wilson Stadium renovations, the "Shout!" fight song and the appropriate stadium colors, but they're still inaccurate in terms of uniform numbers and designs. I see this with other teams as well. Doing certain things correctly while questionably avoiding others is almost a microcosm of what this entire generation of Madden football has become.

I hope next generation embodies a new mindset from top to bottom. Like I said, missing details are going to be picked apart much easier. Of course, EA could very well backtrack and correct these errors via patch instead of waiting until next season...much like other games on the market --- and EA's own NCAA series --- already do. We can only hope.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 07-30-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:02 AM   #69
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Here is a great way to look at this.

Our current generation has this very high quality level of detail available to it so that it may create such an amazing product for the users. Now to top this off the Next Gen is on the way and it provides an even higher level of detail.

If the NFL takes itself so serious to have a uniform police.

http://www.alialfital.com/blogs/styl...uniform-police

Then why in the heck can't we expect that same level of detail in a game that so clearly can provide it?

I mean this is something so serious to them that they will take 10g's away from someone because of socks.

Maybe I should be upset with the NFL for saying the product is clear to put on the shelf but let's be real with ourselves. The game gets some what of a legal check for logo's and licensing rights and if all checks out, we're clear for take off as far as shipping the game goes.

So at this point the only way we can get the product right is to have the company that makes it strive to get the simple things right.

When the simple things come together the big stuff just seems to fall into place.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #70
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Here is a great way to look at this.

Our current generation has this very high quality level of detail available to it so that it may create such an amazing product for the users. Now to top this off the Next Gen is on the way and it provides an even higher level of detail.

If the NFL takes itself so serious to have a uniform police.

http://www.alialfital.com/blogs/styl...uniform-police

Then why in the heck can't we expect that same level of detail in a game that so clearly can provide it?

I mean this is something so serious to them that they will take 10g's away from someone because of socks.

Maybe I should be upset with the NFL for saying the product is clear to put on the shelf but let's be real with ourselves. The game gets some what of a legal check for logo's and licensing rights and if all checks out, we're clear for take off as far as shipping the game goes.

So at this point the only way we can get the product right is to have the company that makes it strive to get the simple things right.

When the simple things come together the big stuff just seems to fall into place.
May I also add that FIFA remained popular, despite being a clearly inferior game to Pro Evolution Soccer back on PS2, purely because of more licensed football teams, accurate team names and uniforms, as well as players.

It is still one of the major selling points of FIFA, and yet Madden, which is also the only licensed NFL game, needs to have AUTHENTICITY, which the license affords them, to be a backed up and supported as a selling point.
Currently they are just failing at almost every level of this games development, which is shocking.

We are seeing improvements but we are owed more.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 5

I am of the opinion that a missing swoosh on pants or the font type of a jersey is not a big enough issue for most consumers that the designers/developers don't allocate too much of their staff's time to this issue. When Madden is on a budget (lets not be silly here, it is on a budget), developers will probably look for what changes need to be made that will generate the most contribution to their product.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Every thread there is always one of these guys, and for some reason it always seems to be that they never manage to realize that there is a department focused solely on making uniforms, stadium updates etc. etc.

These are not the people working on your gameplay, so we should expect them to get the things they are doing correct.

And you can worry about the gameplay and programming team getting the things you're focused on correct.
How much time the art department dedicates to Madden, what fixes they make, and whether there is an art department specific to the development of Madden is largely based upon costs and structure. While your post holds merit for one corporate structure, that may not be the structure EA uses for their games. Hell, the art department could be a universal department that every designer/developer uses and costs are allocated from the art department to the video games based on a measurement of activities like number of requests or time spent working on the specific video game.

The issue at its core is priorities. EA prioritizes their time according to what they think adds the most contribution to their product. My original statement reflects my opinion on why something like this hasn't been fixed. For the people that care about this issue, I hope you get what you want.

Last edited by ..GameOver..; 07-31-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #72
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..GameOver..
I am of the opinion that a missing swoosh on pants or the font type of a jersey is not a big enough issue for most consumers that the designers/developers don't allocate too much of their staff's time to this issue. When Madden is on a budget (lets not be silly here, it is on a budget), developers will probably look for what changes need to be made that will generate the most contribution to their product.

EDIT:

How much time the art department dedicates to Madden, what fixes they make, and whether there is an art department specific to the development of Madden is largely based upon costs and structure. While your post holds merit for one corporate structure, that may not be the structure EA uses for their games. Hell, the art department could be a universal department that every designer/developer uses and costs are allocated from the art department to the video games based on a measurement of activities like number of requests or time spent working on the specific video game.

The issue at its core is priorities. EA prioritizes their time according to what they think adds the most contribution to their product. My original statement reflects my opinion on why something like this hasn't been fixed. For the people that care about this issue, I hope you get what you want.
If they just ignored all these problems and allocated the budget elsewhere that would be a great leg for you to stand on but here are the facts.

Your talking points would be awesome if not for the following:

They took the time to add the new Bears pants and did them completely wrong.

They spent the time to get the captains patches working (not on all uniforms) and they ended up putting them in the wrong spots and on teams that do not use captains patches.

They spent the time to fix the panthers uniforms but did the shoulder stripes completely incorrect and now have TV numbers overlapping stripes on the shoulders.

They spent the time to add the new Dolphins uniforms but do not have the sock color correct.

They spent the time to add the Vikings new uniforms but didn't put the NFL Nike logos on the pants and didn't get the font correct.

I would agree with your statements if they were just flat out using the money/budget on other things but the fact is they actually put in time to try to rectify some of these problems and while in the process have created actually more and new issues while doing so.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »