Home

Madden NFL 25 Clutch Players Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Clutch Players Revealed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Not one falcon. Unbelievable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 25 Clutch Players Revealed

Blair Walsh and Adrian Peterson.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughy1kanobi
Tebow? Really? And I know Andrew Luck is only in his second year but he broke the record for 4th quarter comebacks by a QB in their rookie year. How exactly is that not clutch?
Exactly! Where is Luck???
Old 07-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
In his season as a starter, he went from 23.4 QBR during the first three quarters to 55.5 QBR during 4 quarter/overtime. I would definitely say that's WAY stepping it up in the clutch.

55.4 QBR?

So he goes from pathetic to bad?

That's clutch? Being bad but not as bad as you were before?

Are there any bad players who are GOOD (not just less bad) in the clutch?

Or is it good players being a bit better and average players becoming good? You could argue that's just variance because any average player can have a good stretch or good game or good season.

And why is there no "anti-clutch"? Let's assume clutch is a thing. I'm open to the possibility. However, logically, it follows that there's segments of the player population who are NOT good in the clutch.

The Clutch trait should be "Good", "Average", "Poor". Average should be by far the most common and some consistent data (for whatever you use to make your judgement) used to move a player out of "Average".

Of course, that brings up another issue - these situations are typically less frequent, so they are very much subject to random variations in performance (i.e. small sample size issues).

As far as how it's used in the game - it's ridiculous a QB makes the OL better. What? Clutch "spreads"? If the QB is great in the 4th of a close game, fine - but if the line is NOT, then why do they benefit from the QB?
Old 07-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Retired didn't he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like he's going to suit up for 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/94...-due-son-nikko
Old 07-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #70
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't think Demarcus Ware should be clutch... When do the Cowboys ever need a clutch play from him? We're always losing and never in the position to where we are up late in the game and need a stop. I think name recognition gets him this clutch rating or whatever they want to call it, but excuse me for not thinking he's not what we're portraying him to be.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 4

A few things.

1) as with all madden ratings. I wish this list was shorter to only include the most deserving players to make this a more exclusive list.

2) definitely don't think Peyton, MJD, Matty "Ice" or Jimmy Grahnman should be on this list. Peyton and Matty Ice are almost the anti-clutch in playoffs and that's what this should list should be about especially for QBs. You lead a 4th quarter game winning drive in week 3 that's great. but throwing the game losing Int in the playoffs negates that. IMO

MJD and Jimmy Grahman not saying they aren't clutch but just haven't had enough of those clutch moments.

3) as many have mentioned how can the league MVP be left off of the clutch list.

Last edited by dghustla; 07-26-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2
You would think Adrian Peterson be on there before any running back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »