Home

I've Always Been a Runner, and Didn't Enjoy it On M13 Until...

This is a discussion on I've Always Been a Runner, and Didn't Enjoy it On M13 Until... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
I've Always Been a Runner, and Didn't Enjoy it On M13 Until...

It was too damn late lol! I downloaded the Early Release for NCAA, and two things that stood out that I really liked about the run game and could be applied to Madden were 1)the slower game speed (I've set Madden to "Very Slow"), and 2) the return of "RT" to control acceleration vs auto-sprint.

I've heard many conversations regarding more novice runners being more successful with slower backs, I've never personally had trouble with fast runners, but after going back to the "RT" it has opened my eyes, and as a result my running game has improved a good deal. As I've been able to better set up blocks, hit the running lanes, as well as the change of speed in and out of cuts/jukes/etc. seem to have made my runners even more elusive, I've even seen less Infinity Engine stumbling/tripping. Since some form of "physics" are supposedly involved running slower may be what led to this finding of improved ball carrier balance. (To be noted prior to this I noticed holding "RB" helped with tripping on inside runs--ball carrier is also moving slower while doing this as well)

For those who are a bit bored and look for something to do feel free to try to the settings out, FYI my speed threshold is set to "7" as well. Worst case scenario you'll be getting used to M25's new running controls.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I've Always Been a Runner, and Didn't Enjoy it On M13 Until...

I play on normal gamespeed now in M13 the one time I went back to slow/very slow I noticed that running the ball is way too easy.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee86
I play on normal gamespeed now in M13 the one time I went back to slow/very slow I noticed that running the ball is way too easy.
I still go back to M10 when they actually set the game's default speed to "slow" but so many bickered and complained that it was back to normal the next year. I played Madden 11 a while back and it was "considerably" slower than M13 (I had to set the game to fast just to match up). My personal opinion is that the game/animations/etc all look, feel, and player better on a lower speed.

Even APF was a slower game. It's feel allowed things to play out smoother.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
It was too damn late lol! I downloaded the Early Release for NCAA, and two things that stood out that I really liked about the run game and could be applied to Madden were 1)the slower game speed (I've set Madden to "Very Slow"), and 2) the return of "RT" to control acceleration vs auto-sprint.

I've heard many conversations regarding more novice runners being more successful with slower backs, I've never personally had trouble with fast runners, but after going back to the "RT" it has opened my eyes, and as a result my running game has improved a good deal. As I've been able to better set up blocks, hit the running lanes, as well as the change of speed in and out of cuts/jukes/etc. seem to have made my runners even more elusive, I've even seen less Infinity Engine stumbling/tripping. Since some form of "physics" are supposedly involved running slower may be what led to this finding of improved ball carrier balance. (To be noted prior to this I noticed holding "RB" helped with tripping on inside runs--ball carrier is also moving slower while doing this as well)

For those who are a bit bored and look for something to do feel free to try to the settings out, FYI my speed threshold is set to "7" as well. Worst case scenario you'll be getting used to M25's new running controls.
You realize you could turn Auto-Sprint off in M13, right? It was right there next to toggling Auto-Strafe on/off, the whole time ...
Old 07-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker3
You realize you could turn Auto-Sprint off in M13, right? It was right there next to toggling Auto-Strafe on/off, the whole time ...
Yes, I was well aware of this THE ENTIRE time, BUT I never took advantage of it until I saw how controlling the speed and pace of my runner felt in NCAA 14.

Since they just introduced "Auto-Sprint" a couple cycles ago I was just used to it.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »