Home

Madden NFL 25 Videos (Taken by Attendees From Recent Community Event)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Videos (Taken by Attendees From Recent Community Event) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #41
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 Videos (Taken by Attendees From Recent Community Event)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
I don't get all the negativity. What do people want? It's a videogame first of all. I get there are things lacking that next gen will be able to implement. But I'm sure M25 for current gen is still a good to very good product. It's authentic and its the only NFL game town. Enjoy it for petes sake instead of nitpicking at every little thing. And If everyone expects madden to equal the Show, dont go there. As great and authentic as that game is, it also gets very boring. So please lets just enjoy the game for what it is, a videogame.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I enjoy madden (still playing 13) and I completely understand its a just a video game and in no way will it ever be perfect. But if I am able to point something out or bring up a good idea and it improves the game, why wouldn't I post here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #42
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Just added Madden NFL 25 "Creating a Connected Franchise" Owners Mode to the OP.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #43
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
I don't get all the negativity. What do people want? It's a videogame first of all. I get there are things lacking that next gen will be able to implement. But I'm sure M25 for current gen is still a good to very good product. It's authentic and its the only NFL game town. Enjoy it for petes sake instead of nitpicking at every little thing. And If everyone expects madden to equal the Show, dont go there. As great and authentic as that game is, it also gets very boring. So please lets just enjoy the game for what it is, a videogame.

The problem is that the things picked up are no small things. It is easily seen with the naked eye IMO. Things like how players move, how weird things play out and even how weird some animations are r no small things. As a former football player I can easily see that. We're not insulting these guys character (although some may do that) just calling things as we see them. There is no way to sugar coat that a product is not up to par. Although they are improving the game, it always seems to fall "very" short. And I'm not looking for absolute perfection by no means. It's just the basic foundational things that can turn this franchise around. That obviously never happened on this current gen, IMO, but I have some hope for EA when it comes to next gen.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #44
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah I'm just going to wait for next gen Madden 25. Doesn't seem like a HUGE leap for me to justify buying it on current gen when I can wait a few months and get next gen.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #45
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
It sounds like many are jumping into next Gen head first with confidence that EA will producea far better product.Good luck with that.It's good to be optimistic but I don't think people that are very dissatisfied with current Gen will find a completely new and different fundamentally sound football game.
The thing is is that not everyone has a big problem with having their hopes crushed because of a video game. All of our hopes are not necessarily bound up in a video game software. This is just a little hobby.

Last edited by carvis#15; 07-29-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
The problem is that the things picked up are no small things. It is easily seen with the naked eye IMO. Things like how players move, how weird things play out and even how weird some animations are r no small things. As a former football player I can easily see that. We're not insulting these guys character (although some may do that) just calling things as we see them. There is no way to sugar coat that a product is not up to par. Although they are improving the game, it always seems to fall "very" short. And I'm not looking for absolute perfection by no means. It's just the basic foundational things that can turn this franchise around. That obviously never happened on this current gen, IMO, but I have some hope for EA when it comes to next gen.
I guess I haven't accepted the fact that it is no longer 1993 and expectations are much higher in 2013......I agree there are things in the current gen Maddens that aren't realistic and that EA has ignored many of the issues pointed out on forums such as these. But at the same time I am an NFL fan and realize it's the only videogame representation of it I have to play. So as frustrating as all these Maddens have been in certain areas, I'm still going to shell out $60 for the only NFL game in town and enjoy it the best I can.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #47
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
The thing is is that not everyone has a big problem with having their hopes crushed because of a video game. All of our hopes are not necessarily bound up in a video game software. This is just a little hobby.
That's cool.You're going in with the right frame of mind IMO.I think next Gen will be at least somewhat better from the start but I wouldn't spend the price for a system just for Madden and expect it to be night and day compared to current Gen,which it seems some will do.

To be honest it seems many people here look at this as a big part of their life,too big unfortunately,where they'd lose four months of their lives to fast forward to next Gen release day.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #48
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Just added to OP.

Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise How to Relocate Team to New City Owners Mode
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »