Home

M25: Mobile vs. Pocket Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on M25: Mobile vs. Pocket Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Rookie

adamshpe's Arena

OVR: 0
M25: Mobile vs. Pocket Quarterbacks

I have been playing Madden ever since Madden 64 on the N64. I have always picked a team for my franchise who had a quality pocket passing quarterback. With the new wave/generation of quarterbacks in the league now, I am unsure if I want to stay with pocket passing quarterbacks or go with the dual-threat mobile quarterback and run the fun spread option offense. I was wondering what everyone's plans in regards to who your quarterback will be and why with Madden 25 release less than a month away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: M25: Mobile vs. Pocket Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamshpe
I have been playing Madden ever since Madden 64 on the N64. I have always picked a team for my franchise who had a quality pocket passing quarterback. With the new wave/generation of quarterbacks in the league now, I am unsure if I want to stay with pocket passing quarterbacks or go with the dual-threat mobile quarterback and run the fun spread option offense. I was wondering what everyone's plans in regards to who your quarterback will be and why with Madden 25 release less than a month away.
As a Ravens fan, I'm used to pocket-passers. Yet I might play as the Raiders and give the dual-threat Pryor a shot.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also been used to pocket QBs (Manning M09, Brees M11, Locker M12 even if somewhat mobile, Stanzi M13), so haven't had the chance really try out a dual threat style except for a few training games

For M25 I am not actively pursuing a team with a dual threat QB in my online league, team choice resides more with getting a young talented team that fits with my playing style. With that being said, I am eyeing the Seahawks this time around, and I think a mobile QB could be a serious advantage if 'mastered'. I faced the Packers a few times in my league in M13, and the user was surprisingly good at scrambling with rodgers 84 or so speed, forcing me to audible a pass rusher to QB spy on most plays
Old 07-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25
All QBs in madden are scramblers, just not all as fast.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

I like to take a younger rebuilding team, with an in-experienced Pocket passer. Thinking maybe the Dolphins this year. Although this is my first year not in the military in quite awhile, so I might try an online franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous_Horse
My plan is the go with probably the Jets (My favorite team) or a team with a qb that is going to retire like the broncos or raiders (terrelle pryor over palmer!).
Palmer was traded to the Cardinals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »