Home

Madden NFL 25 - The All-25 Team: Free Safety Sean Taylor, Strong Safety Brian Dawkins

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - The All-25 Team: Free Safety Sean Taylor, Strong Safety Brian Dawkins within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #33
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 25 - The All-25 Team: Free Safety Sean Taylor, Strong Safety Brian Daw

Can we put these players on the regular rosters ?
Old 08-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #34
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 - The All-25 Team: Free Safety Sean Taylor, Strong Safety Brian Daw

Respect aside, I would argue day and night Taylor was a more dominant player than John Lynch or anyone else being mentioned here.

Anyone that played with Taylor ON MADDEN knows how game changing he was. The hit-stick was made BECAUSE of Sean Taylor and he was virtually a lock to force a fumble at least once a game.

As far as Madden goes, I have no problem with him being one of the greatest safties in game history.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 21

Sean Taylor had the ultimate combination you wanted from your starting Safety in Madden....heck in the NFLas well.

I can't think of a Safety that had his combination of height, size, speed, range, and awarness.

Dashon Goldson is one of my favorite players...he has most of those but not elite level speed as Taylor. Others might have had the elite Size and Speed, but not the same awarness. (Taylor Mays)

When my defense was impregnable back in Madden 2002-03 using the Eagles, it was because of moving Bobby Taylor to safety and just picking EVERY deep pass. And Bobby was no where near as fast as Sean.

This is why I'm excited about our rookie Eric Reid...he has size and speed, BUT we will have to see if his instincts match up over time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #36
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
No disrespect to Taylor, but... How on earth is ED REED not on here? He has been the best safety in the league for 10 years or so. Sean Taylor was good and I hope is resting in peace, but he has no business being on this team
Old 08-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #37
MVP

Yrogergj24's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
No disrespect to Taylor, but... How on earth is ED REED not on here? He has been the best safety in the league for 10 years or so. Sean Taylor was good and I hope is resting in peace, but he has no business being on this team
Did you ever play with him on a Madden game, Reed may have had a better career overall IRL compared to Taylor, but you don't mess with that level of speed, hit power and coverage ability
Old 08-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #38
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
Respect aside, I would argue day and night Taylor was a more dominant player than John Lynch or anyone else being mentioned here.

Anyone that played with Taylor ON MADDEN knows how game changing he was. The hit-stick was made BECAUSE of Sean Taylor and he was virtually a lock to force a fumble at least once a game.

As far as Madden goes, I have no problem with him being one of the greatest safties in game history.
I concur. When used Taylor and flick that hit stick, it was insta-fumble. It was also easy to pick off my opponents as well. Guys would quit or disconnect glitch me.

He was a beast virtually and in reality.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #39
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Reed was a ball-hawk, no doubt, but Reed never came close to making opponents give up snot bubbles like Taylor did. Pull up footage and witness Reed attempting to make one armed tackles and leading with his one shoulder pad. He hardly wraps up on the tackles

Sean Taylor was basically a linebacker who has the ability to play any position in the secondary. He was special.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 5

Dawkins played Free Safety. . .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »