Home

Why does madden come out so late now?

This is a discussion on Why does madden come out so late now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #9
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Why does madden come out so late now?

I can't speculate on why they moved the release date back. I do however wish it was earlier as well. It is what it is though...

As for NCAA and Madden... They are different IMO. They feel different, they play different. NCAA is usually a year behind Madden with the technology. For example this is the first year for NCAA having the Infinity engine. However, this year's NCAA doesnt have last years Infinity, it has the Infinity 2.0 engine which is improved. IMO right now, NCAA is by far better than M13 was. Running is better, blocking is better, etc. etc. However, those improvements are supposed to be in Madden this year too. It makes me think that they may become more similar to one another this year, than ever before.

However, even if they play similar, they are very much different games. Theres what seems like an endless number of teams to use in NCAA. Dynasty is deep, involves recruiting etc. There's alot there to keep you occupied which is very nice. Atmosphere is different, you've got all the aspects of college presentation by ESPN as opposed to the generic EA sports stuff in Madden, mascots, school traditions etc. etc. Madden however gives you Sims and Nantz which is nice to see as well.

Bottom line is... NCAA right now IMO is much better than M13 was, mostly due to the IE2.0. I'm sure M25 will be on the same level. That being said, I've always felt there was a difference between the two when it comes to gameplay. NCAA tends to reflect the college game much more, even with the gameplay. You'd really have to try them both out yourself. As I said, I like to have them both... I tend to get tired of playing the same teams over and over in Madden. I like to pop in NCAA once in a while and have 120 some odd teams to choose from, it looks different, and feels different.

I said I woudlnt speculate on the push back of the Madden release date, but I'm sure its to give NCAA more time to put its roots down. I for one would like Madden earlier, but since I have NCAA too, it doesn't bother me. I'd suggest renting NCAA and trying it out for yourself.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
Rookie

justwinbaby42's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I can't speculate on why they moved the release date back. I do however wish it was earlier as well. It is what it is though...

As for NCAA and Madden... They are different IMO. They feel different, they play different. NCAA is usually a year behind Madden with the technology. For example this is the first year for NCAA having the Infinity engine. However, this year's NCAA doesnt have last years Infinity, it has the Infinity 2.0 engine which is improved. IMO right now, NCAA is by far better than M13 was. Running is better, blocking is better, etc. etc. However, those improvements are supposed to be in Madden this year too. It makes me think that they may become more similar to one another this year, than ever before.

However, even if they play similar, they are very much different games. Theres what seems like an endless number of teams to use in NCAA. Dynasty is deep, involves recruiting etc. There's alot there to keep you occupied which is very nice. Atmosphere is different, you've got all the aspects of college presentation by ESPN as opposed to the generic EA sports stuff in Madden, mascots, school traditions etc. etc. Madden however gives you Sims and Nantz which is nice to see as well.

Bottom line is... NCAA right now IMO is much better than M13 was, mostly due to the IE2.0. I'm sure M25 will be on the same level. That being said, I've always felt there was a difference between the two when it comes to gameplay. NCAA tends to reflect the college game much more, even with the gameplay. You'd really have to try them both out yourself. As I said, I like to have them both... I tend to get tired of playing the same teams over and over in Madden. I like to pop in NCAA once in a while and have 120 some odd teams to choose from, it looks different, and feels different.

I said I woudlnt speculate on the push back of the Madden release date, but I'm sure its to give NCAA more time to put its roots down. I for one would like Madden earlier, but since I have NCAA too, it doesn't bother me. I'd suggest renting NCAA and trying it out for yourself.
I think you hit the nail on the head.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27

That was really well answered my friend. Thank you for taking the time to do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #12
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

People needing their football video game fix is the reason why trash like Madden and NCAA Football sells and will continue to sell not matter how bad the game is.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 08-01-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #13
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
IMO its to get more people to buy NCAAF to get their football fix while waiting for Madden. The longer you gotta wait the more likely you are to look for a alternative.
This is what I'd put my money on.....it's smart business to keep the two games 2 months apart. If they were released a few weeks apart folks would probably go into "one or the other" mode.

Another possibility is that, at least for Madden, they want to provide vendors maximum value so release it a week or so before the season starts and thus people will want it in their hands and will be more willing to pay full price.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #14
Banned

So I caved and got the NCAA 14 game yesterday. Its a decent game, and I like certain things about it. The triple option is plenty of fun. I don't know though, it just lacks the feel that madden has. I have also noticed that some of the players are rated in the 90's on NCAA 14. I have never imported draft classes before so I have a question for those who have a history importing draft classes. When you import the draft classes from NCAA 14 does it automatically adjust there ratings to reflect a more realistic rookie rating?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #15
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboy626
So I caved and got the NCAA 14 game yesterday. Its a decent game, and I like certain things about it. The triple option is plenty of fun. I don't know though, it just lacks the feel that madden has. I have also noticed that some of the players are rated in the 90's on NCAA 14. I have never imported draft classes before so I have a question for those who have a history importing draft classes. When you import the draft classes from NCAA 14 does it automatically adjust there ratings to reflect a more realistic rookie rating?
Yes, in past Maddens anyways, obviously we can't speak for M25 as of yet. In the past, draft classes that I've imported the players do not come into Madden rated the same way they came out of NCAA. They are usually lower, to reflect the fact they are rookies.

Hope you enjoy your time with NCAA14. Like I said, there's alot in there that's not in Madden, that makes it different, or more unique to the college game, apparently you've discovered that with the option stuff already! Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 02:54 AM   #16
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
People needing their football video game fix is the reason why trash like Madden and NCAA Football sells and will continue to sell not matter how bad the game is.
Best post of the thread so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »