Home

Why does madden come out so late now?

This is a discussion on Why does madden come out so late now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Why does madden come out so late now?

Why does Madden come out so late now (This year its August 27th)?!?! I remember back in the day it used to come out in early August before or near the time training camps started. Ever since the lockout year a couple years back EA has been releasing it later and later. I need my football fix darn it!!!!

I considered buying NCAA 14 but Madden release day is like a holiday for me every year, and I don't want to cheapen it. Getting my hands on all the new features and mastering them on release day is part of the fun for me.

For those who do NCAA14 and Madden every year is there a significant difference between the two or are they basically the same game? I don't want to cheapen the excitement of the new run free features this year for when Madden comes out, is the run free in NCAA this year? Can anyone who has regular played both games each year tell me if its worth picking up NCAA 14 to hold me over?

*Only answers from people who play NCAA 14 and Madden please. I know some of you prefer one or the other.

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Why does madden come out so late now?

theres 2 answers to your question one is because EA wanted it to be closer to the start of season. and the other is when the nfl was gonna strike EA wanted to push madden back.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #3

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

IMO its to get more people to buy NCAAF to get their football fix while waiting for Madden. The longer you gotta wait the more likely you are to look for a alternative.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
IMO its to get more people to buy NCAAF to get their football fix while waiting for Madden. The longer you gotta wait the more likely you are to look for a alternative.
True. Its actually smart if you think about it. Do you play both?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

A solid month is given to the "other" football game per sales/profit margins/data specs and the like. That's my educated guess.

My "they don't want to be bothered so much" educated guess lies in that they know people would flame them (Donnie Moore) every three or four days for the new roster updates due to injuries, replacement signings, waiver trades, players cut and/or resigned elsewhere immediately and whatever risen star player from out of nowhere. I can understand how that would be annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
Rookie

justwinbaby42's Arena

OVR: 4

I play both. No, IMO they are not the same. Honestly the reason I bought NCAA this year is importing draft classes and to hold me over till M25. I've had to play Madden 10 for several months since I lost a bet with my nephew and lost M13. I am really enjoying NCAA but I wanna use my Raiders BAD.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Probably to give more life to the NCAA series. I miss playing with the practice squad players online or start multiple season to keep some of them.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwinbaby42
I play both. No, IMO they are not the same. Honestly the reason I bought NCAA this year is importing draft classes and to hold me over till M25. I've had to play Madden 10 for several months since I lost a bet with my nephew and lost M13. I am really enjoying NCAA but I wanna use my Raiders BAD.
Same here man. Life long Raiders fan. If I had the game right now I could be figuring out my quarterback situation with a battle between Flynn/Wilson/ Prior. As it stands now the completion will already be over by the time I get the game. Kind of takes the fun out of the pre-season for franchise mode aka connected careers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »