Home

Madden Innovations/Takeaways

This is a discussion on Madden Innovations/Takeaways within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Madden Innovations/Takeaways

Does anyone know if some die-hard super Madden fanatic has documented every innovation for each iteration as well as what they removed from each edition? I think that it would be a good read and it could be some fuel for the fire during a Q&A session with a Madden dev. I'm just sick of having something one year and then the next year it's either changed or removed altogether....
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rback21
Does anyone know if some die-hard super Madden fanatic has documented every innovation for each iteration as well as what they removed from each edition? I think that it would be a good read and it could be some fuel for the fire during a Q&A session with a Madden dev. I'm just sick of having something one year and then the next year it's either changed or removed altogether....
The answer is yes, but I'm not spending the time to find it. It was a pretty good thread.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden Innovations/Takeaways

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
The answer is yes, but I'm not spending the time to find it. It was a pretty good thread.
I've seen the thread where people talk about what's missing as of late but I was wondering if someone was specific with each year that Madden came out.
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Old 08-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rback21
I've seen the thread where people talk about what's missing as of late but I was wondering if someone was specific with each year that Madden came out.
Just keep digging. I think the thread I remember is from 2005 forward.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Innovations/Takeaways

This is the problem that has plagued current gen madden. The devs constantly took steps forward and then steps back the next year. On this current gen alone, they screwed up key game features by removing owner mode, watering down their superstar mode and shifting the focus to online play (this decision no doubt made them a lot of money but hurt the game imo) At the same time, they tried to make the game suitable to pick up and play (remember 2009!!!) The problem is 8 year old girls don't drop 60 dollars on madden.

I personally haven't bought the game since 2010 which was an absolute piece of crap. Thankfully the Ian Cummings era is over and i am impressed with M25 so far. The funny thing is I know Owner mode will be billed as a "new feature" on the back of the game lol. Anyway i'm confident in the new direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »