Home

How can I challenge a TD score?

This is a discussion on How can I challenge a TD score? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-01-2004, 04:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: How can I challenge a TD score?

That would mean you would only see the option to challenge a play when the cpu has gotten the call wrong. Meaning if the option is there the CPU made a bad call and if you challenge it you get the ruling overturned. Meaning you would never lose a challenge.

Wrong.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:31 PM   #10
MVP

jason8ooo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

AndyP said:
That would mean you would only see the option to challenge a play when the cpu has gotten the call wrong. Meaning if the option is there the CPU made a bad call and if you challenge it you get the ruling overturned. Meaning you would never lose a challenge.

Wrong.

That's not what he means.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:54 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

I have had the same problem - and we have talked about this in a few threads.

I think the problem with TDs in Madden is that as soon as a TD is scored in the game, the game goes straight to the Extra Point and bypasses whatever programming loop allows for challenges on regular plays. No matter how quickly you pause the game - you simply cannot challenge if a TD has been scored on the play.

So - on a regular play - the game gives you a window to challenge (i.e. until a replay happens or until the next snap if there is no replay) - which is why we can challenge fumbles, questionable spots and questionable catches. But - on scoring plays - the programmers did not allow for this "window" - which is why we can never challenge plays where TDs are scored.

This is really annoying, because there have been numerous times when a runner has obviously come up short, and the play is called a TD. It does not seem to be possible to challenge these plays - even though I try every time (usually as fast as I can) at all different times in the game (i.e. not in the last two minutes of a half) and in numerous instances where I had definitely used fewer than two challenges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2004, 06:22 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have challenged a TD and won before. Granted the replay option is dimmed most of the time following a TD but I have seen it available a couple of times. Has anyone else never had the option? Mine was when the guy obviously didn't cross the goaline yet they gave him the score and I challenged, it was overturned and the ball placed on the one. X-Box by the way.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:34 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

stepbackj said:
I have challenged a TD and won before. Granted the replay option is dimmed most of the time following a TD but I have seen it available a couple of times. Has anyone else never had the option? Mine was when the guy obviously didn't cross the goaline yet they gave him the score and I challenged, it was overturned and the ball placed on the one. X-Box by the way.

When you challenged this TD, when did you go to the pause menu, during the celebration, at the playcalling screen or right before the xtra point kick? I have tried all, but no luck challenging a TD ever!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »