Home

GameStop deal on madden 25

This is a discussion on GameStop deal on madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #9
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBornLV
Yeah they're doing it for PS also but as aholbert pointed out it doesn't seem like all that great of a deal.
I don't agree with that logic. A great deal of people buy it release night. It's yearly one of Gamestop's biggest midnight releases...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: GameStop deal on madden 25

i really really hope this is true. it is only fair afterall, and i dont mind that i can only get this deal if i buy the game at gamestop. i mean its not EA giving us this discount sounds like. seems like its something gamestop is doing. i think its great , and great to hear, but if your lying , a lynch mob will be following you.....hahahaha
Old 08-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

can someone do some research on this and find out if this rumor is even true? a friend of mine called his local gamestop and asked about it , and they claimed they hadn't heard anything of the sort. so can someone other than the original poster confirm this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Why is this not a good deal? Let's see, I have 30 days to purchase from launch date which brings us to Sept 26. Like many others will probably buy it within first week. Get to play it for a month or so until next gen launches and then upgrade for $10.00!! And of course you have to buy the current gen from Gamestop, it's their promotion! This is a great deal! Now I don't have to wait till late Oct early Nov to play Madden!
You read it wrong. You have buy it within 30 days of the consoles launch (probably november). Most people will buy the game at on August 26 or within the first month of the season. Those people that do that cant get the 50 dollar trade in.

The only people this is a great deal for are the ones who can wait until October to buy Madden.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
can someone do some research on this and find out if this rumor is even true? a friend of mine called his local gamestop and asked about it , and they claimed they hadn't heard anything of the sort. so can someone other than the original poster confirm this?

http://stickskills.com/2013/08/07/ga...ext-gen-title/
Old 08-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You read it wrong. You have buy it within 30 days of the consoles launch (probably november). Most people will buy the game at on August 26 or within the first month of the season. Those people that do that cant get the 50 dollar trade in.

The only people this is a great deal for are the ones who can wait until October to buy Madden.

so your saying this " the current-gen game must be purchased within 30 days of the initial launch " means within 30 days prior to the ps4 being released. hmmm, sure wish it was worded different as that could be rather confusing the way its worded there. one could take that as u gotta buy it within 30 days of the initial launch of that game. instead of launch of new console...i hate when they act like they giving you a great deal , only to find out , it aint!

Last edited by howboutdat; 08-08-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
so your saying this " the current-gen game must be purchased within 30 days of the initial launch " means within 30 days prior to the ps4 being released. hmmm, sure wish it was worded different as that could be rather confusing the way its worded there. one could take that as u gotta buy it within 30 days of the initial launch of that game. instead of launch of new console...i hate when they act like they giving you a great deal , only to find out , it aint!
The only difference is most of the time when referring to a game they say "release" not "launch." Consoles have a launch day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I talked to my friend again and he said he just heard the manager talking about it and didn't know the details other than you have to be a member of their little plus club membership and buy it their obviously. So I called my local GameStop in Ohio where I live and they said 30 within release of the game. Knowing GameStop though if it sounds like a great deal it probably isn't true. Anyways feel free to call the place I called. Number is (740) 4390461

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »