Home

Madden 25...got to be more careful

This is a discussion on Madden 25...got to be more careful within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2013, 01:24 AM   #25
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 25...got to be more careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
The main problem with madden is that any player can do Every animation.
They should have it where if the player doesn't have a high and decent trucking rating. Then they should not be trucking anyone. Just make the rating matter and actually mean something.
Just like if I put a wr at QB. The wr should not be doing perfect 3 and 5 step drops like a QB.
Ratings should dictate animations if they made the game with this mindset you wouldn't have players doing thing they shouldn't be doing. That way no matter what difficulty you are on, so we don't have to hear the defenders crying oh it's on rookie all the time.

THANK YOU!

I was ecstatic when they announced player traits/consistency etc. but it has since turned out to be more or less a fluff feature with so much potential. I just wish they'd tie specific animations to 99 man coverage vs 91 man coverage etc.

If they'd just add that the game would be 100% more organic! This was one of the great features of a particular Visual Concepts football title that released around 2008. It had "player abilities" that (layered on top of hidden ratings) better differentiated players - certain abilities/ratings allowed them to have access to specific animations. It was fantastic!

This running modifier (LT) button for running backs with ratings 90+ for specific moves is definitely a start.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 08-10-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
I think players aren't aware of what position they actually are playing. How many times have you seen DB's mimic the wide receiver exactly when jumping for a ball. There is nothing ti differentiate them unless you user swat. Even when they intercept the ball... sometimes they turn right away as if they were a WR running for a touchdown. The AI is nowhere near as high as it needs to be in the game. The game relies far to much on animations that have been in the game since probably 2005. Not to mention the game is designed with the intent for the user to be able to trigger countless quick animations. I always that this was a foundational flaw in EA's approach to Madden. NFL 2k had almost long drawn out animations that made the game feel slower and immensely more realistic. Everything about animations in madden make it feel on super speed. Even the first madden 25 trailer had calvin johnson hurdling a player only to land right away and truck/stiff arm another player. It just doesn't make sense
It's simple, the game is designed and catered to the arcade / highlight reel / fantasy football crowd. They don't care about "sim" or realism, they care about making sure players can rack up statlines and box scores.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #27
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
It's simple, the game is designed and catered to the arcade / highlight reel / fantasy football crowd. They don't care about "sim" or realism, they care about making sure players can rack up statlines and box scores.
I know. It's depressing. But i believe it's a flaw in all EA sports games. Every player can do every animation. So it gives no variety. The only one is maybe fifa with the 5 star tricks.. but that is very very minor
Old 08-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
I know. It's depressing. But i believe it's a flaw in all EA sports games. Every player can do every animation. So it gives no variety. The only one is maybe fifa with the 5 star tricks.. but that is very very minor
Yea this is EA SPORTS main problem
LA DODGERS
Old 08-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
I already know for a fact that sim football is not their end goal.
All I need for them to do is separate good players from bad ones
Set animations to ratings.
Have sliders for everything and make sure they work and I would be good.
I would love a fully sim game but that's not what we're going to get.
LA DODGERS
Old 08-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #30
Rookie

G_thasportsgamer's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
There is a structural flaw in the game. Last night I played someone who audibled his DT to cover my RB out of the backfield 90% of the game. The DT was able to cover the RB like he was a LB or CB. I tried wheelies expecting to get amazing separation down field. To my surprise I was not able to. It seems that things like coverage negate speed. and defaults to a "coverage" situation. The animations of a DT in man coverage were identical to that of DBs and he stayed with the RB step for step. Once the ball was caught speed mattered again and my RB was able to take off.

My question to EA is how is this possible? I understand lineman dropping into zones at times. But in man coverage soloing up on a RB? And only the same handful of routes that beat man coverage worked per the usual. There are just too man pre-programmed situation that negate ratings. They said that you wouldn't see those crazy truck animations alot in NCAA, well I guess I'm lucky because I can trigger a massive truck on the goalline once a game.

There's a simple fix for this - if you reduce the DT's Play Recognition by 10, reduce Zone Coverage to around 35, reduce Acceleration to +4 above Speed rating which for average DT's should be in the 60-70 range and the Pursuit rating should be the quotient of Acceleration + Block Shedding + Play Recognition/3 (divide by three). If your fatigue slider is set accordingly that DT should be done after three or four plays of dropping into zone thereby forcing a substitution of a 2nd string DT with much less ratings as far as attributes.

Give those edits a shot and you'll be pleasantly surprised!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #31
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_thasportsgamer
There's a simple fix for this - if you reduce the DT's Play Recognition by 10, reduce Zone Coverage to around 35, reduce Acceleration to +4 above Speed rating which for average DT's should be in the 60-70 range and the Pursuit rating should be the quotient of Acceleration + Block Shedding + Play Recognition/3 (divide by three). If your fatigue slider is set accordingly that DT should be done after three or four plays of dropping into zone thereby forcing a substitution of a 2nd string DT with much less ratings as far as attributes.

Give those edits a shot and you'll be pleasantly surprised!

No - the problem is that speed doesn't really take have any effect until the ball is actually in the air. For the most part cpu controlled players run at a similar speed and acceleration until the ball is thrown. This is why you see receivers finally getting separation when the ball has left the QBs hands.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #32
Rookie

G_thasportsgamer's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
No - the problem is that speed doesn't really take have any effect until the ball is actually in the air. For the most part cpu controlled players run at a similar speed and acceleration until the ball is thrown. This is why you see receivers finally getting separation when the ball has left the QBs hands.

Ok fair enough, if that is the case therein lies the problem which has a solution also. First you assign max speed/acceleration for each position group (RB's, WR's, TE's, CB's etc...) with outliers of course for your elite players.

What would really be sweet is if EA would include a global editor with a future patch so we could edit incoming draft classes therefore not breaking the game in relation to our edits!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »