Home

Madden 25 is the first year of Cam Weber's 3 year plan

This is a discussion on Madden 25 is the first year of Cam Weber's 3 year plan within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 25 is the first year of Cam Weber's 3 year plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I just dont understand how they go from 13 to 25 on nex gen with less than what we have now if Cam has been there since 2011!

Why stop developing on a game even though its finished for hat yr but its still a yearly product. We all know we are basically getting the same game every yr with a lil touch up here and there so why with all the shenanigans about it each and every yr and just expand upon the game from its current form even after it went gold?

Just doesnt make any sense to me at all, but im no programmer so...
Cam came in at the end of 2011, Madden 12 was a wrap at that point, so he's basically been there since Madden 13 development, but idk why they are saying this is the first year of his development team. Maybe he had some guys there last year that he didn't want there and he added the guys he wanted this year to replace them. It's confusing at best, the bottom line is if the game improves drastically on next gen then fine I will be a little more willing to buy into this 3 year thing, but if not, we need some other company to make football games.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Havent they been saying they've been working on next gen for 2 years? The infinity engine, ignite engine, connected careers last year were all the "new tech building blocks for the next 10 years", but next years game is his 1st year plan? Give me a break, sounds like theyre scrambling for time. Maybe next gen madden 25 isnt looking so hot so far....
Old 08-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I found an old post I made where I conceded if Tiburon could just fix player movement in M25, that I would STFU and buy it. While they did that, I don't foresee buying it and won't STFU just yet because I realize player movement, along with all the other additions to M25, still leave the game incomplete. By "incomplete" I don't mean unfinished or needing to be added to like every other sports game on the market, I mean disjointed, a collage of areas and parts that don't blend together or compliment each other but are stuck together anyway.

It shouldn't take three years to get everyone making the game on the same page as to what they are trying do, whatever that maybe, but that doesn't seem to be what their goal is. No way it should take another three years to emulate a real network broadcast, have real time presentation/player transitions instead of cut scenes, full featured player management, untethered ball, working penalties and realistic injury system, not when they've already been left out for going on 9 years. It seems the game play team maybe committed to a plan for football realism to a point, however, the presentation, career mode, ratings, UI, etc teams, seem to be free to pursuit whatever "plan" they see fit, any given year.

"It is what it is"
, such an apt description for next-gen Madden under the NFL exclusive. I considered starting a thread entitled "The Secret", in reference to whatever gets explained to people allowed behind the "curtain" at Tiburon that seems to make them accept and understand why developing NFL games has been such a melodrama since the NFL exclusive.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #20

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

This 3 year plan crap is getting old. Just a couple years ago they were starting another 3 year plan now all of a sudden it actually starts this year ? seems like they are making excuses before the game even ships. if I dont see noticeable imrpovments to Madden 25 next gen with potential then im done with video game football for the foreseeable future. No more hardware limitation excuses. Had an entire console generation to get the game right and failed, dont come tell me you got a 3 year plan, just do it. cam has been there for a couple years now, my question to him is why dont penalties work ? that didnt get touched in his 2 years but im supposed to believe something will happen with his "3 year plan".
Old 08-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #21
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0

Madden will never be what I want it to be. Never has been... never will. I'm just starting to realize that. NFL 2k won't be coming back anytime soon either... so I either have to learn to accept madden for what it is... or keep complaining.

...... I'll keep complaining

but to be honest... alot of the Madden creators that I hear talking in interviews sound like they don't know THAT much about football. Cam and Clint obviously do... but people in the creative department just don't sound right. Maybe thats the problem all together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #22
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Anybody happen to know what is in the 3 year plan and what he expects to achieve? If he had a three year plan why not let us know what it is?
Old 08-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
Madden will never be what I want it to be. Never has been... never will. I'm just starting to realize that. NFL 2k won't be coming back anytime soon either... so I either have to learn to accept madden for what it is... or keep complaining.

...... I'll keep complaining

but to be honest... alot of the Madden creators that I hear talking in interviews sound like they don't know THAT much about football. Cam and Clint obviously do... but people in the creative department just don't sound right. Maybe thats the problem all together.
Nah man, the Creative Director Mike Young is a photographer for the real life NFL, he knows how the real NFL presents football, he just doesn't want realism to limit what's done in Madden. Granted, it's odd to think of realism as being an obstacle or a rough draft instead of a goal for simulation but that seems to be case with Madden.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #24
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Anybody happen to know what is in the 3 year plan and what he expects to achieve? If he had a three year plan why not let us know what it is?
He gave us an outline of what he wanted to do.

• First and foremost, we need to deliver an amazing simulation football gameplay experience on both of our franchises. In other words, our fans want to see fluid, realistic player movement and deep football AI and behaviors on the field. This includes what players are doing between the whistles in the middle of a play, and how they behave in our pre- and post-play moments as well.

• Another key component is authenticity. Whether it is delivering the unique sights and sounds, traditions and pageantry across the schools in college football, or the NFL experience that we’ve all come to know and love on Sundays. Our consumers count on us to pay attention to the details.

• On top of that, it is critical that we deliver compelling depth modes. Whether it is providing a rich and deep Franchise/Dynasty mode or Superstar/Road to Glory mode, we need to continue to continuously invest in making these modes as deep and as realistic as possible.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »