Home

Madden NFL 25 Blog - Position Changes Are In

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Blog - Position Changes Are In within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #25
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
The next step is to use "G" and "DE" and "T" for positions and not differentiate among LT and RT for positions (they should be separate positions in depth charts but not on rosters). I mean when as a coach you spend XP making it easier to sign LT but not RT?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 25 Blog - Position Changes Are In

This is nice, it was killing me in Madden 13 not being able to officially designate Luke Kuechly as a MLB.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
Rookie

BFem09's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
The next step is to use "G" and "DE" and "T" for positions and not differentiate among LT and RT for positions (they should be separate positions in depth charts but not on rosters). I mean when as a coach you spend XP making it easier to sign LT but not RT?
LT are a lot more important than RT in real life....
Old 08-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #28
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Great re-addition. I always felt players should take a knock in football intelligence when switching and assimilating into a new position in-game, it's great that EA addressed this so there are some limit so as to create a give-n-take.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #29
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Position changes are in; does that mean that they've also lightened up on cross-position play? i.e. Can Patrick Peterson play WR? Can Randall Cobb play RB? Can Percy Harvin play RB? Can Joe Webb play QB? All while remaining at their current, respective, position?

Limiting it to an off-season action is a bummer. Say you switch Tebow to TE and Brady gets injured for the season. You probably want to play Tebow at QB. Having the ability to start a player at any position has been abused when it was possible in last-gen Madden, but it doesn't make banning it justified. There is legitimate use for it.

One of my favorite position swaps was moving Reggie Bush to WR. He was so damn good as a slot receiver. I want to be able to have fun like this, again, with position changes.
This too.
The real NFL is changing like this. The game better keep up and not toss it just because "oh no it messes up online" which is undoubtedly messed up anyway by glitchers,cheaters and quitters. If it's in the game it's in the game right? I mean Robinson is offically listed as an "offensive weapon" and has already lined up all over the place or someone like DeMarcus Dobbs that is listed as both a TE and DE. The Cardinals have Peterson playing WR,Percy Harvin all over the place too. We need to be able to use all these types of guys as they're used in real life.

Though seeing it's only doable during the off-season doesn't make sense either as already pointed out.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #30
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFem09
LT are a lot more important than RT in real life....
Yes, there is a difference. I'm not on board with it being "more important" but, Madden takes none of that into account, and doesn't even really have a rating(that I can think of) to differentiate, for the rating(s) of LT vs RT. So it makes little difference anywhere but on the depth chart.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #31
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwhiskey119
Why in the hell was it taken out in the first place?!
We have been able to edit a player's posistion since Madden 05, In Madden 12 you could edit any player to any position at anytime. It was only taken out in M13. Madden 13 limited pretty much all roster management of any kind so trickling some of this back on a more limted basis does not excite me.

Last edited by Cleveland Rocks; 08-13-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6
Tim Tebow - Punter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »