Home

WOW just watched the Skins-Eagles Madden 25 footage...

This is a discussion on WOW just watched the Skins-Eagles Madden 25 footage... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #9
LETS. GO. TEXANS.

vSphereGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WOW just watched the Skins-Eagles Madden 25 footage...

I really don't think Madden 25 next-gen is going to be much different from Madden 25 this gen. It is probably just going to be a port- not sure why some people think it is going to be so different. It will probably be the exact same game just with better graphics. (And if I am wrong, I apologize. I haven't read every article out there. )

I just don't understand the "next gen Madden 25 is going to be awesome" approach. If anything, I wouldn't expect an updated Madden for next gen until next summer for Madden 15.

Last edited by vSphereGuy; 08-12-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

Doesn't next gen Madden 25 have a different game engine? That would make it a different game. I believe current gen runs Infinity 2 and next gen runs Ignite.

I could be wrong and they could be the same, but I think that's where the next gen hype comes in. Year one will feature a next gen engine for a next gen game instead of just a port.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
Doesn't next gen Madden 25 have a different game engine? That would make it a different game. I believe current gen runs Infinity 2 and next gen runs Ignite.

I could be wrong and they could be the same, but I think that's where the next gen hype comes in. Year one will feature a next gen engine for a next gen game instead of just a port.
They already said they are using the same engine, just slapping ignite on top of it.
LA DODGERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

lmao at all the people saying 'next gen will be the same' just because they are not getting it. hahah
Old 08-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
They already said they are using the same engine, just slapping ignite on top of it.
What do you mean? Are they just calling it Ignite now? Slapping Ignite on top of it would seem to mean it will be different in some ways. I need to read up on the differences of these engines. Infinity 2 + Ignite has more potential than just Infinity 2, I would assume.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
What do you mean? Are they just calling it Ignite now? Slapping Ignite on top of it would seem to mean it will be different in some ways. I need to read up on the differences of these engines. Infinity 2 + Ignite has more potential than just Infinity 2, I would assume.
Ignite engine is going to take over the A.I.,crowds and slide lines, and player movement. But the tackling is still powered by infinity engine 2.0.
I am waiting to see if they are going to clean up the I.e. 2.0 so that we don't have animations that can't be altered.
LA DODGERS
Old 08-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #15
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callsign Stitch
lmao at all the people saying 'next gen will be the same' just because they are not getting it. hahah
While you're right in most instances,you can also say that most people that ARE getting it right away will tend to over hype it.That's just human nature.

There's a fine line between optimism and naivity.

Last edited by gr18; 08-12-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
Ignite engine is going to take over the A.I.,crowds and slide lines, and player movement. But the tackling is still powered by infinity engine 2.0.
I am waiting to see if they are going to clean up the I.e. 2.0 so that we don't have animations that can't be altered.
If ignite is taking over AI and player movement isn't that the most important part? I mean 90% of the issues that people talk about with Madden are related to AI and player movement. I consider penalties to be included in AI fwiw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »