Home

Quick Question: Why Next-gen so Quiet?

This is a discussion on Quick Question: Why Next-gen so Quiet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Quick Question: Why Next-gen so Quiet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Na, I wish. Pitt is looking to have a putrid year.

But I can't fault anyone for picking up M25 on both the current and next gen consoles. I just decided some time ago to wait. I love graphics and think I won't touch my 360 once 1 drops. I just sold my ps3 and will get ps4 in spring for mlb. With ncaa, nhl, and gta all out in the next month, or now, I just don't need M25 yet. Figured I would save some $$$ and just wait on xbox1 for M25. There will be no ncaa or nhl for next gen until a year from now.

All that being said, I'm downloading the demo when it drops today and will play it often if it is good.
My crystal ball tells me you will break down and get the game.
Downloading the demo...please, that is like claiming to quit smoking after this one last cigarette lol
Old 08-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #10
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

OVR: 0

Its not hyped because It is going to be like a prototype model.

Anyone remember madden 06 on Ps2 and 360(next gen at the time)

It was like night and day. The 360 version had terrible models and no commentary and it was super toned down with no features at all. The ps2/xbox version was packed with features and commentary too.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd03

It was like night and day. The 360 version had terrible models and no commentary and it was super toned down with no features at all. The ps2/xbox version was packed with features and commentary too.
That is a ridiculous statement. EA will always market and hype their products. They aren't hyping next gen Madden right now because their current gen version is releasing in a fortnight. They want to maximise sales for both products.

Also they have announced that the next gen version will be fully featured. So fingers crossed that it is superior to current gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #12
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm finding more and more people saying, do you remember the old way of doing things...what happen to trying to improve for the future ? can we as a human race not learn from our past mistakes ? do you really think there going to come out with the same stuff as current gen on a suppose to be different next gen console ? or even better yet do you think the price differential is a way to hide a fail system of next gen ? look .... next gen consoles as badly as some want them to fail...IMO...i think there going to be great! myself i'm looking at ps4..well because it's clear to me it's the more powerful system hands down. market teams have to have a selling point for anything before the big holidays come around. from my stats i here about in the united states alone, sony has sold to 80% of the country!? what does that tell you? when the holidays come around you'll see why ps4 is so eagerly anticipated over xbox 1 and why people including me, will wanna play madden in week 12 through whatever!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

Gta 5 will hold me over until the next gen madden comes out and it better be a whole lot better then current gen or will skip it for other next gen games!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #14
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Day, I think that's just ridiculous. Think about it. What NFL and Video Game Fan is going to wait a Minimum of 10 weeks (that's 10 weeks between August 27th & Nov. 5th) to buy Madden? That's basically what you're saying. Furthermore:

a.) There's no guarantee that Next Gen Consoles are available as early as Nov. 5th. So, the wait could be longer than 10 weeks...I could be 12-14 weeks.
b.) When Madden 25 Next Gen comes out people will be able trade in the current gen version for anywhere from $20 to $50. Also, don't even mention the option to sell it.
c.)Again, no football fan will wait until Week 12 of the NFL regular season before buying Madden. Again, that's just crazy. Regardless at how good or bad Madden 25 will be, the NFL itself is just too exciting and too much fun.
d.) In the end, there is NO incentive to not buy Madden 25 Current gen just because the next Gen version is coming out 2 months later. 10 weeks of a 16-week NFL season with no football game is just too long.
I'm skipping current gen and will have my next Madden for next gen.
Have zero interest in current gen Madden.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-13-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #15
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd03

One again.......
Been said MANY MANY times that EA is way ahead of where they were at the 06 console release.

The reason is a smart business decision to not hype a product that may take sales away from a current product.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
Rookie

The Craigler's Arena

OVR: 0

My guess is the next gen Madden 25 won't get any hype until right before it's release. From a marketing standpoint, why would EA want to keep their sales of current gen Madden 25 down? They're going to maximize that window of time to it's full potential. They know many people are impulsive and will end up purchasing both games. I look for the next gen version to be many times better!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »