Home

Is option run going to ruin 25?

This is a discussion on Is option run going to ruin 25? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Is option run going to ruin 25?

It's the new thing in the NFL to run this type of offense maybe it can maintain success but if I'm a gm of team I wouldn't want my qb taking these hits. The shelf life is going to be shorter. These qbs are not running backs guys like Kaepernick are big one hit on his right shoulder he might have hurt elbow or hand possibly separated shoulder.

Do I think it's a gimmick that can be used yes would I want to run it no.

I can see the next gen kids wanting to be RG3 and Kaeprnick and running these plays and making the game boring. Steve from os tweeted its impossible to stop? Maybe they can patch or maybe they want to please the audience that wants action and new quick offense over a authentic game.

I think this could ruin this year madden the game is built on speed you can take a qb good throwing power and speed and make him RG3. You can have a good online player make a star out of mediocre quick qb with this skill set
NBA team: Chicago Bulls
NHL team: Chicago Blackhawks
NCAA team: Notre Dame
Futbol team: Arsenal
Old 08-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Its a risky play (if you play with injuries). Even if the QB is fast, you're at risk putting him in the option because you know he's gonna get tackled and risk injury.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

Not for me. I never play online in sports games (lag has too big of an impact on sports games).

Cornerback blitzes will severely limit their ability. Force the user to make the choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #12
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

After playing the demo, I can see how this will be abused online. The only way I think the option will work is if you have to identify the correct defensive player yourself. Right now it tells you who to look for and it's a 50/50 shot to have a good play. I haven't seen it not work when choosing correctly.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

I think it be abused online to quick qb you have spy on and the RB remember these qbs are going to be accurate unlike the NCAA. Your going have sit in the middle and guess if your in zone and your men are set back lots of yards for a qb to get without getting touched.

I can see the kids running the same plays over and over its going make online not fun. From what I'm hearing you can't really stop it.. EA does not care they want flashy play
NBA team: Chicago Bulls
NHL team: Chicago Blackhawks
NCAA team: Notre Dame
Futbol team: Arsenal
Old 08-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #14
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz1979
I know people love the read option we could debate if in the NFL defenses are going to adapt or this the future?

I think madden going to overreact to the option read this isn't the NCAA the defenses this year and years to come are going to adapt some. Also if you run this your qb should be more prone to injuries and a shorter career.

I want the game to be fun online not people running read option non stop and basically making the game not fun. The read option is part of the NFL as was many different schemes through the years..

What I don't want is madden to make this offense not be able to be stopped last I looked pocket qbs win championships
What ruins the game is lazy people not willing to use the tools that are given each year.

So EA has to come out with gimmicky tools for the lazy people who can't click on and make the tackle or stop a run or get an interception on their own. There are tools for the option toooooo.

I doubt that the read option ruins the game for everybody. Maybe the guys who don't practice their stick skills suffer?

Anyways the guys in the NFL today running the option are capable pocket passers. Plus Steve Young and John Elway were scramblers who lived on the edges of the LOS. They won Championships....
And didn't Kordell Stewart get the Steelers to the Superbowl and how about Donavan McNabb?

Teamwork wins championships, dude.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #15
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
What ruins the game is lazy people not willing to use the tools that are given each year.

So EA has to come out with gimmicky tools for the lazy people who can't click on and make the tackle or stop a run or get an interception on their own. There are tools for the option toooooo.

I doubt that the read option ruins the game for everybody. Maybe the guys who don't practice their stick skills suffer?

Anyways the guys in the NFL today running the option are capable pocket passers. Plus Steve Young and John Elway were scramblers who lived on the edges of the LOS. They won Championships....
And didn't Kordell Stewart get the Steelers to the Superbowl and how about Donavan McNabb?

Teamwork wins championships, dude.
Thing is that the casual gamer playing online won't spend the time to improve their stick skills. The better stick players will find a play that works and keep using that play over and over and over again. I don't believe that the gifted players should stop using that play, but I think there needs to be a system online that won't allow gifted players to play the ungifted. That's what caused me to stop playing online. I'm not going to spend the time to make my skills better if I can just play the CPU and enjoy my time playing.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2

Hopefully there is a way to coach your dline. Like set it to always go after qb or rb or leave it up to the players awareness. These plays have cheese written all over it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »