Home

Curl, Out and Drag Routes

This is a discussion on Curl, Out and Drag Routes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #17
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Curl, Out and Drag Routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've thrown 2 int's on two different curl routes in the same game.

This is with altering the sliders.

I'm considering lowering the int sliders.
I upped the coverage sliders and didn't notice that much of a difference. How high did you take it up to? And I agree with lowering the int slider b/c the game feels better w/ more deflections and less interceptions
Old 08-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
I upped the coverage sliders and didn't notice that much of a difference. How high did you take it up to? And I agree with lowering the int slider b/c the game feels better w/ more deflections and less interceptions
I upped both to 60, pass coverage and pass reaction.

I lowered OPI and DPI to 1, heard lower DPI gives better pass coverage.

Lowered QBA to 15. At 10, Rodgers threw like a girl to the left side.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy hollywud
Looks like these routes are still broken. I played the Seahawks vs Packers matchup (picked Green Bay) and I constantly ran a curl or an out route with Randall Cobb (covered by Richard Sherman) and a drag route for Jordy Nelson as a test. When the Seahawks played man coverage, Sherman NEVER stopped the curl or out route one time. When in zone, Nelson was also open on the drag route. Sherman is rated 96 overall with 98 man coverage, yet he ALWAYS gets beat on out routes. This is pure stupidity and it will never get fixed.

I understand how to stop these routes against users. Either manually cover it or alter the defense pre-snap to throw out some purple and/or flat zones. However, a CB like Sherman with 98 man coverage should be able to stop an out route on his own. It is frustrating because online all people do is run these same routes over and over again and having a CB like Sherman or Revis doesn't really matter since they can't stop these basic routes anyway.
I also played as the Seahawks against Packers (twice) and same thing happened with Sherman. At the end of the game, Sherman wasn't listed under Defensive stats because he didn't do anything all game!

As far as I'm concerned, it's Madden 13 with a new roster. They can keep all the fancy stuff. What I want to see is Sherman like Sherman is supposed to be.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I also played as the Seahawks against Packers (twice) and same thing happened with Sherman. At the end of the game, Sherman wasn't listed under Defensive stats because he didn't do anything all game!

As far as I'm concerned, it's Madden 13 with a new roster. They can keep all the fancy stuff. What I want to see is Sherman like Sherman is supposed to be.
As a suggestion, lower QBA, up pass reaction and pass coverage and lower pass blocking.

Sherman should play like Sherman.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #21
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
As a suggestion, lower QBA, up pass reaction and pass coverage and lower pass blocking.

Not the most difficult thing to do but boy it sure is a lot of work just to get a roughly 96 overall corner to play like himself. The game should be shipped ready to play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:

You could do that with Madden 13 and get same result, right? Well then, why even bother with Madden 25? Just for the roster update?
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Not the most difficult thing to do but boy it sure is a lot of work just to get a roughly 96 overall corner to play like himself. The game should be shipped ready to play
Eh, I hear you, but it took me 5 minutes to put together some sliders that I thought would work and adjust from there.

Never played a sports game ever where I didn't adjust sliders to my liking.(sim) Never played sports game out of the box and just flip a switch.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
You could do that with Madden 13 and get same result, right? Well then, why even bother with Madden 25? Just for the roster update?
No, there are differents elements to this game you need to consider this year.

The improved run blocking logic, the better precision passing, some penalty sliders affecting game play, and some sliders not in Madden this year.

In addition, you have more defensive audibles this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »