Home

To those playing the demo: Is AI clock management any better?

This is a discussion on To those playing the demo: Is AI clock management any better? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: To those playing the demo: Is AI clock management any better?

I have seen poor clock management at least three times. To be fair, I have also seen good clock management.

The bad I have seen:
  • CPU using timeouts instead of running out the clock before a FG attempt to take the lead at the end of the fourth quarter. Allowing time for me to score either the go ahead TD or tying FG
  • At the end of the first half they ran the ball 2x in a row with under 20 seconds left without using their final time out. Ball was at the 5 yard line. They tried to run the last play with less than 10 seconds on the clock. I tackled them as time expired
  • The automatic 1:01 timeout still occurs, but I dont think it occurs every time.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Not perfect by any stretch......but so far better than M13 it is not even close.

They heard our cries. I expect the final retail build to be even better.

This was a masive huge issue with 13 and I could not overcome it at all. It was downright nasty. The CPU was as D U M B as a box of rocks.

M25 feels like M12's AI has returned.

Stay tune for 8/27 and we will know just how good over several played games in a test Connected Franchise using all different types of playbooks.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

I will add this. It does seem like the CPU does a better job of playing like their real life teams. Unlike last year when the Saints and Packers would run it more than they would pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #12
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's honestly the first time I have seen this happen on ANY Madden, since 1992. Never seen the cpu not kick a fg in that situation. There's way too much of this kind of thing being advertised on Youtube these days. Take a exceptional moment like this that happens 1/100 times and then say this is how the game plays. You can't make an exception the rule, if a game plays good 90% of the time and you only show the 10% of the time it doesn't, you're lying to the community.

I've had lots of games in madden where the cmp got in fg range in 4th to win the game and they either threw it 4 times or ran it 4 times and the game ended. so I cant see how u say u never saw it because I've seen it in all the maddens I've played since 08.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I will add this. It does seem like the CPU does a better job of playing like their real life teams. Unlike last year when the Saints and Packers would run it more than they would pass.
Agreed, when I played Ravens 49ers it was a defensive struggle, Packers Seahawks was a shootout.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #14
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I've had lots of games in madden where the cmp got in fg range in 4th to win the game and they either threw it 4 times or ran it 4 times and the game ended. so I cant see how u say u never saw it because I've seen it in all the maddens I've played since 08.
Idk if that was on PS3 for you, but today was the first time I've ever seen it on any Madden on xbox 360. I've seen it where they were down by more than 4, but down 1, no never.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Quote:
Idk if that was on PS3 for you, but today was the first time I've ever seen it on any Madden on xbox 360. I've seen it where they were down by more than 4, but down 1, no never.
yea it was ps3 infact a lot of times when I see that happening I have change teams just so I would lost a game here or there or I would be going 16-0 every season and every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
I play on the 360 and it has happened in other maddens plus this demo. I only play vs the CPU, so this kind of stuff bothers me the most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »