Home

Who is an OG or should I say who is an OM

This is a discussion on Who is an OG or should I say who is an OM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Who is an OG or should I say who is an OM

I started with RealSports football on the Atari 2600. Then I played 4th and inches and Touchdown Football on the PC and PC jr. I got the very first Madden which was released in 1988 on the Apple 2e when I was 12 years old. I then got it for Sega Genesis and I was hopelessly addicted.

I played EVERY game after that, including QB club, Troy Aikmen Football, Gameday, Joe Montana, etc. etc. Once 2k football came out and I got exposed to that I never looked back. Bought my last Madden in 2002 and didn't buy it again until I got a used copy for 2011 when i wanted to get back into league play.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:10 AM   #10
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Started w/ Tecmo Bowl on NES and whatever the name of the football game for the Sega was w/ Montana on the cover. Didn't start playing Madden till 98 and didn't really enjoy it until 2002 w/ Culpepper on the cover.

Only current gen maddens I've owned were 09 and 12. Really liking the demo so will probably pick it up at some point
Old 08-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
I think I have owned and played almost every football game made from Atari up. Tecmo Super Bowl is still a favorite. NES Play Action football had some fun parts, but it took like 12 seconds off the clock for a player to run 5 yards. There were some weird ones in there too. Mike Ditka or Jerry Glanville had one where there were brawls and obstacles on the field. There was some robot half football game too. But, if it said football I bought it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #12
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

started with tecmo bowl...tecmo super bowl...sony gameday, for a minute...then madden 2001 for ps2 really started it all for me.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Started on '94. Had every game on SNES/N64 up until 2000, then switched off to PC until '08. PS3 since.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #14
Rookie

fzbronco77's Arena

OVR: 0

Started with Madden 92/93. Became hardcore Madden player when I bought Madden 2001 on PS2. Bought every madden since. Favorite Maddens are '03, '04, '07(last gen), and '13.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #15
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
Been with madden since N64 my 1st madden was Madden 64 been with them ever since

I did try Acclaim NFL QB Club 2002 & NFL 2k5 both were ok but just loved Madden more.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #16
Rookie

Jeff8275's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm 41 and have been playing Madden since the beginning. Ive been playing Football games since the original Intellivison back in the very early 80s. I've owned every Madden game since the series inception. Played all the other games as well. 4th & Inches on Commodore 64, TV Sports Football on Amiga, Joe Montana on Sega Genesis, RealSports football, QB Club Football, the original FB Manager on Amiga, All of the different FB series on Nintendo, Sega, Playstation, Dreamcast etc etc. I will say that Madden has come a very long way since the beginnning. I'm excited for Madden 25. Tecmo Super Bowl still remains as my favorite. Much to my wife's chagrine I have turned my son into a Football game junky as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »