Home

We got Ratings issues..not cool..

This is a discussion on We got Ratings issues..not cool.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
We got Ratings issues..not cool..

I just did a test run on NCAA 14 , Ratings do not matter. This means same for Madden

I put in a OVR 40 WR with a 39 THP 18 ACC that completed passes and i saw no differnce in ACC or THP considering hes rated so low , and i threw in a OVR 40 MLB at HB and he was making cuts like a normal HB. lol.. its so stupid i was laughing.. So basically i can throw in anyone i want and there is hardly no difference of player rating no matter how highly rated.

Even the speed seems similar but that might be the only rating that is accounted for cuz sum players are faster it seems.

This is not good tho. for those people who think getting high rated players makes a diff. well i guess not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: We got Ratings issues..not cool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforsure
I just did a test run on NCAA 14 , Ratings do not matter. This means same for Madden

I put in a OVR 40 WR with a 39 THP 18 ACC that completed passes and i saw no differnce in ACC or THP considering hes rated so low , and i threw in a OVR 40 MLB at HB and he was making cuts like a normal HB. lol.. its so stupid i was laughing.. So basically i can throw in anyone i want and there is hardly no difference of player rating no matter how highly rated.

Even the speed seems similar but that might be the only rating that is accounted for cuz sum players are faster it seems.

This is not good tho. for those people who think getting high rated players makes a diff. well i guess not.
Interesting find.

I had Rodgers injuried and Graham Harrell came in, the back up QB.

Harrell was 1 of 7 with 2 int's. He couldn't hit the braodside of a barn on my settings.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
Pro

psychraider32's Arena

OVR: 8

One game is a poor sample size. Trust me, try playing with Blaine Gabbert or Chad Henne as your quarterbacks. Ratings matter.

Interests and Hobbies: video games, programming, psychology, neuroscience, piano, functional strength training.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Do ratings matter for your offensive line?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Interesting find.

I had Rodgers injuried and Graham Harrell came in, the back up QB.

Harrell was 1 of 7 with 2 int's. He couldn't hit the braodside of a barn on my settings.
I had ARod get hurt but had the opposite with Harrell... 6/7 for 102 yards and a TD drive to win the game (Default All-Madden).

*Did you tweak the sliders at all? outside of default difficulty?*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I had ARod get hurt but had the opposite with Harrell... 6/7 for 102 yards and a TD drive to win the game (Default All-Madden).

Oh yeah, custom, QBA at 15, Pblkg at 25, Pass Coverage and Reaction at 60.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Seems like we go through this every year.
The ratings matter, the issue is the scale. A guy rated 40 for every thing will perform better than one would think because the rating "floor" is not that low.

If you want to prove your point, you will need more than "39 THP 18 ACC that completed passes and i saw no differnce in ACC or THP"
Old 08-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8

I had this happen as well, Rodgers breaks his collarbone on the 2nd play...Harrell comes in and goes 9-10 for 120 yards and 1 TD. The only incompletion was actually a catch but since the challenge system is still borked...I couldn't challenge it. All throws were right on the money, really saw no difference in the 2. Default All-Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »