Home

Madden you had the most fun with and Madden you had the least fun with.

This is a discussion on Madden you had the most fun with and Madden you had the least fun with. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden you had the most fun with and Madden you had the least fun with.

Most fun: 2002

Least fun: All the versions made by Josh Looman (I am done playing them in about 2 weeks and have to battle to even give them that much time)
Old 08-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #50
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

I believe it was Madden 99 on the PS1? I remember my system was on it's last leg. I had to flip it upside down to make it read discs. I had a lot of great games. Playoff games that went down to the last second with field goal wins.

Least... Madden 05? Bought NFL 2k5 too that year to give it a shot and played it for two straight years. Made some great friends I still play in a Madden league with. So Madden 05 because it collected do much dust.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Old 08-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

1998- Playability 8.5- First Madden game I got for the PS. My only other experience with the franchise was 96 on Sega. Played for weekends on end.
1999- Playability 4.5- Camera too zoomed in. Routes were busted. Could throw out pretty easily. However, the newly implemented Franchise mode was worth it. Spent more time simming than playing.
2000- Playability 8- Play-action was effective. Hangtime on punts! Remember that? Trade for draft picks and edit of players implemented.
2001- Playability 4- Just bad out of the box. First one for PS2. Didn't make me put away the PC version of 2000. One of the few times that happened.
2002- Playability 9- First true PS2 game.
2003- Playability 10- Deepest game outside of gameplay and franchise. Training modes, computer would start younger talents earlier, not just ratig based. Could increase ratings on performance in preseason. The legend will live on.
2004- Playability 7- The dark year for Madden as far as I was concerned. Not that the overall product was bad. NCAA just completely trampled it. Helped that Vince Young was a freshman, creating the greatest virtual 4-year run of any dynasty in an NCAA game I ever played.
2005- Playability 9.5- Defense! Oh the hit stick. And the storylines in franchise. Tony Bruno. Banner year for Franchise mode. Wasn't the best NFL sim that year, but unrightfully over-shadowed by 2K. Yet, rightfully so.
2006- Playability 9- Where's 2K6? No wonder they sold it for 19.99 the year prior. They were hurtin' for an audience. (Years later, find out that's not what happened at all.) Passing cone separated QBs like never before. Personal note, this played (on 2nd generation) best of any to follow head-to-head wise. Last great EA game.
2007- Playability 6.5- Brought a new wideopen environment to the field. Could rip off 80 yard runs. Red-light of death squash-buckled any real momentum. And the franchise lacked depth, which I turned a blind eye to.
2008- Playability 7- Not great, but with the install of weapons and other features, I couldn't write off this generation. EA's goodwill built up with me was being tapped for the first time since 2001.
2009- Playability 7.5- Is that a retired Brett Favre on the cover? Curse, done. Wait. He's a Jet now? Lazor printing of the new cover, coming up. Little deeper franchise. But where are all my features from the previous gen? Looking at last gen, 2011?
2010- Playability 8.5- Footing never felt so right. Another year of improvement on the gen. A slowed down better pace. Ending the years of arcade feel that discredits the previous 3 incarnations. Arrow is still moving upward.
2011- Playability 6- Thanks for repackaging 10, throwing in a new play calling feature that was previously known as "Ask Madden" and adding the forever annoying Gus Johnson. NBA 2K11 emergenced this year after flirting with a near takeover back in 09. The cry for "real physics" consume boards everywhere.
2012- Playability 7.5- Took a step in the right direction from 2011. But still lagged behind in play order in comparison to NBA2K12.
2013- Playability 3.5- This was supposed to be the crowning jewel of the generation. Everything got a rework. No more Gus Johnson. A more fleshed franchise mode with connected careers. Storylines. Physics. So why does it feel so heartless and void? 16 years of playing the same game, really struck me on this title. (With only getting a break from 06's passing cone.) Traded in before Super Bowl, a first. The Show's new ball physics and improved dynasty mode was very hard to unseat. And FIFA, 2K, and NHL series only heightened the resentment towards Madden on my end. Taking a break until Madden 2015 before revisiting.

Best: 2003, 2005, and 2006 (I really have limited memory of 2004.)
Worst: Despite 1999 and 2001 on field struggles, 2013 being the first true franchise killer for me, takes it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #52
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Most fun: Madden 06 on ps2
Least fun: Madden 13 by a mile (first madden ever I didn't even reach week 1 of season 1 of my franchise).
Old 08-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 24

This gen:

Most: M12. Believe it or not, I just bought this last year, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it! (Sorry I missed out at launch!)

Least: M08. Train wreck. Nuff said.

Last gen:

Pretty much any version, I had fun with. But the MOST fun had to be 05.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #54
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

I really liked madden 97. I def liked the new camera angles. I felt at this point it was a whole new experience in football gaming. Next I would say Madden 2001. This was ground breaking as far as graphics and playability.

As far as madden 2006 . Anticipation was very high but I don't think it was till madden 11 that what was foreshadowed was really accomplished .

Maybe Madden 25 will have a new chapter in both current and next gen. Time will tell.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #55
Just started!

Madden 10 was my favorite in the Madden series.
A few questions though......
1. Do non user controlled teams relocate in franchise mode?
2. Has anyone else noticed that the 3-4 defense doesn't work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 16

Most fun= 2004
Least= 2009

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »