Home

Will There Be Defensive Assignments in M25?

This is a discussion on Will There Be Defensive Assignments in M25? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Will There Be Defensive Assignments in M25?

and iirc the only way in m13 to get your nickelback on their 3rd wr was to flip plays which was never ideal

2k let you match up, madden has in the past. god knows why it cant happen again
Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #10
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
+1

As much as I want this feature back, they need to imminent it correctly. In past versions I would put Revis on the opponents top threat but if that player was moved to the other side or the slot then I would have a LBer or SS covering an outside WR, CB on a TE, etc. .....it was all F'd up.

BTW the feature is not in the demo.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
I could be wrong but I think they have it setup as best on best... meaning your #1 CB on their #1 WR. That could've changed.

So it's somewhat there if that still applies. The nickel back and outside corner are 2 different positions, but the game doesn't treat them like that, so it I don't think it matters too much (Revis outside is much better than Revis in the slot). I'd rather have assignments myself.

I loved assignments though. I would take my number 1 CB and put him on the #2 WR and double team the other #1 WR.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
I could be wrong but I think they have it setup as best on best... meaning your #1 CB on their #1 WR. That could've changed.

So it's somewhat there if that still applies. The nickel back and outside corner are 2 different positions, but the game doesn't treat them like that, so it I don't think it matters too much (Revis outside is much better than Revis in the slot). I'd rather have assignments myself.

I loved assignments though. I would take my number 1 CB and put him on the #2 WR and double team the other #1 WR.
Yeah, well for example in older versions I would assign Revis to Calvin Johnson if Im playing Detroit. So if the opponent were to set Calvin up in the slot for a shotgun 3 WR formation, then Revis would line up in the nickle to cover him for that play that CJ is in the slot (which Rex would always have Revis follow whoever he was matched up against for the particular game, regardless if that player were to line up in the slot, left or right wide, etc....where as someone like Asomaugh was limited to one side of the field in Oakland, so SD could put Vincent Jackson in the slot and kill Oaklands nickle back).

Problem was in old versions, if I just assigned Revis to Calvin Johnson and left the rest untouched, when Calvin would line up in the slot, sometimes my OLBer would be on a wide out, I could have my SS on a receiver lined up outside the numbers, etc. So the logic would get screwed up at times......even if you did try to assign every DB you had to each WR you wanted them on.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm pretty sure that we will not see defensive assignments returning in '25. I asked Mike Young about it point blank a couple of months back and his response didn't give me a lot of confidence that it would be back this go around. As others have said, the way it was implemented in Madden '12 had the potential to cause a lot of bigger problem in the coverage schemes and I don't think it was flagged as a priority to implement this year.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is so stupid y would they take this feature out smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »