Home

Madden NFL 25 Demo Review Roundtable

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Demo Review Roundtable within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 25 Demo Review Roundtable

The dust has settled and several of our staff members have some well formed opinions on the Madden NFL 25 demo, and what you should be thinking about before making a purchasing decision on this year's game.

Read More - Madden NFL 25 Demo Review Roundtable
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Pretty glad I read this. I am really enjoying NCAA and that will have to be my football fix this year. Of all the videos I've watched, the animations and tackling look ridiculous. Looked like some WWE moves going on.

And why does Russell Wilson look like Tarvaris Jackson's little brother?
Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8
Good honest and fair review. Seems like everyone is burnt out of EA football this gen. If next gen isn't any different then we will never get a true sim football game.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 25 Demo Review Roundtable

Hope the review reflects the opinions. A 6 seems good.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Well at this point most of these guys are right about the Defense part of Madden25 current. Pass rush is not even there to say the least and it seems the human D doesn't not do much on D against the AI. If you press the AI WRs then they end up beating you down field and your safety is no where to found. If you give them cushion then the WRs ends up beating you CBs on slants and drag routes all day. Nothing you do on D works against the AI offense most of the time on the demo. While some of the GC guys are currently working on the sliders to improve the D some for the human D. I just feel that EA focus this year was offense all the way. Giving D a black eye while in the process when it comes to the human D. Even with these problems I will still be getting my hands on current gen copy. Since I'm getting the next gen Xbox one in November. Buying current gen, Madden ain't going to be a big lose. Since I can trade the current gen copy in to put it towards next gen Madden 25 since current gen would have a 50$ trade in value. So anyone going next gen right away. Then getting current gen. Madden ain't going to be a big lose in trade value wise. Overall I'm hoping with the lack of attention towards current gen Madden D will signal the EA put a lot more focus on next gen Madden D and the game overall. While I know it ain't fair to people who will stick with current gen for a while. I feel a lot of the focus has gone into next gen instead. I'm holding my breath at this point and hoping it turns out to be true.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 08-22-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

I think a lot of folks waiting on next gen Madden are going to be disappointed when they discover it's the same game but with prettier graphics and a few extra bells and whistles.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Great reviews and perspectives from the round table.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Although I like the Demo, I reall don't feel that EA is listening to the fans of the series.

I think they have a game-plan. Whether its good or bad, they seem hell bent on sticking to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »