Home

Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Oh wow, 7.5.

Its football, it come out for 25 years. I don't think you guys know what you want from football anymore.

On one hand, if it too SIM, then its boring and on the other hand if its a little over the top then its too arcadish.

Hell, at this point I don't know what to look for in a Football game anymore...
I agree totally. I can play NBA 2k all day as the flow of the game has that something that keeps me hooked. But for football I can't quite stay in it anymore without it boring me. We need something fresh
Old 08-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ33
Give me a sim. Madden is supposed to be "it's in the game" type football game. It's not. People that have an issue with it being a sim then go play NFL Blitz.
I'm curious to what is considered SIM, because when EA gave the option to slow it down, people where raving the SIM word then.

Everyone seems to have different opinions on what the word truly means.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's a fair review.

Ea Tiburon failed to deliver a fully satisfying NFL football experience this generation.

The engine doesn't give us a legit football experience and the presentation seems sloppy and "attached", rather than cooked into the engine.

I was hoping for one last gasp for life with Madden 25, but the demo and this review pretty much puts the final nail in this generation of Madden.

Here's hoping the XB1/PS4 versions can do better. /raises glass
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Why are these reviews so short nowadays? Years ago, on OS and other sites, the reviews used to have more substance to them. The career mode could have pages written about it, but now you get a couple of paragraphs. Gameplay is talked about the most in this review, and rightfully so, but it still seems light on content.

Nothing against the reviewer, just don't understand why sports game reviews have shrunk in the amount of content presented. Is that some type of industry standard now?
Old 08-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

So in other words the Defense is the main problem right now with this Madden25. Yes I know EA main focus is now going towards next gen. But they will be doing some patches. And the first big patch should be the one that addresses the Defense problems. Tighten up the coverage some, give the front four some push up front instead of letting them get push back and also make the swim move more affective. If they would address these certain problems. Then the game would be more enjoyable. But they don't need to make the Dline or the D to powerful. Just needs to be balance out some.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #14

OVR: 34

SIM would be:

Not guaranteed 3-4 yards on almost every running play

A second defender being involved in the outcome of a play instead of routinely diving right through the action (You can call it infinity blah blah blah all you want it still happens)

Runningbacks being stopped by open field tackles by playmakers, instead of them being trucked by said runningback

I don't mind it anymore because this is what Madden is. We had an entire generation of this type of football game and it never really changed. No one really thought Madden 25 would be anything different than what it has been.

Last edited by DaveDQ; 08-23-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Seems kind of outrageous to me that there were 11 QB's drafted in the first RD with the NCAA draft class...maybe 4-7 at most but 11 seems kind of high to me.

I also hope that with the draft classes we will be able to find gems and busts throughout the draft, and not just have the CPU automatically draft the highest rated players in order so all players in RDs 4-7 are pretty much useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #16
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Thanks for the review but I thought you were waiting a week or so to review games now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »