Home

DL pressure does not exist

This is a discussion on DL pressure does not exist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #33
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: DL pressure does not exist

I know the difference between the 2 just because I stated I had 4 sacks dosent mean I counted that as pressure.... even when I paused the game and looked at players cards where it says things I've seen it say gabbart paranoid!!!!!! as well with other qb's I've faced. and why is he PARANOID??? because my defense line and lbers are getting after him and PRESSURING him they was even throwing ball early and not accurate because of the PRESSURE!!!!!.

funny how others saying they have no problems with it either I didn't have no problems in 13 neither getting pressure. guess certain madden players got special copies that allow pressure and others didn't...
Old 08-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I know the difference between the 2 just because I stated I had 4 sacks dosent mean I counted that as pressure.... even when I paused the game and looked at players cards where it says things I've seen it say gabbart paranoid!!!!!! as well with other qb's I've faced. and why is he PARANOID??? because my defense line and lbers are getting after him and PRESSURING him they was even throwing ball early and not accurate because of the PRESSURE!!!!!.

funny how others saying they have no problems with it either I didn't have no problems in 13 neither getting pressure. guess certain madden players got special copies that allow pressure and others didn't...
No, actually it's just that some people understand the difference between a collapsing pocket and getting pressure and sacks due to blitzing LBs or usering lineman. In our league last year JPP had an average of 18 sacks a season for me, but that doesn't mean the pressure was realistic or implemented correctly. The people who claim they get pressure are getting it for the wrong reasons, and rather than people thinking they got a "special" copy of the game, they just realize they know a little more about football.

As far as your argument about Gabbert feeling "paranoid", the game does that because he got sacked or hit. That doesn't indicate anything as to how the pressure got there. I could sit in the pocket for 10 seconds and take 5 straight sacks and it would do the same thing. It does not take into account that the pocket is collapsing or if they are simply sacks from holding the ball too long, ala 10+ seconds.

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 08-24-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've only play the demo at least twice (Seahawks & Packers). I've seen some pressure from DL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Lack of pass rush pressure is the achilles heel to this year's iteration. I'm supremely disappointed that DeMarcus Ware is a complete non-factor... The only guy that ever (rarely) gets to the QB is Anthony Spencer and that's just cause he's a LE...

SMH
Old 08-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0
Actually pressure can be obtained without blitzing this year. You must stink in coverage lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #38
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeraldisdope
Actually pressure can be obtained without blitzing this year. You must stink in coverage lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Enlighten us (sarcasm) - how do you do it?

Oh cover to get sacks... So coverage sacks... Right.....

SMH if people would just read ONE page of a thread -_-

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 08-24-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #39
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm getting corner blitzes, surprisingly.

Coverage sacks ars obtainable, but once the LB or DE is close enough, click on and dive. I had 4 sacks against the Giants, controlling Rak.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #40
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Playing as the Bills

Pocket Fail, Me as DE

And AI only line moves, Me as Safety

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »