Home

I'm convinced that the Skill Trainer is impossible.

This is a discussion on I'm convinced that the Skill Trainer is impossible. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: I'm convinced that the Skill Trainer is impossible.

One of the passing drills irritated the hell out of me. It's where you have to go 10/10 completed passes to the the target they choose.

Which is beyond stupid.

Lets ignore making a proper read and force it to someone who's double covered. Great. The bloody 'C' pattern always has the defender creeping right under it and the safety right there to hit you. The rare time your target does get a step and you hit him, you have to hope he makes the catch (aka, win the bloody dice roll) to get it.

Makes no sense.

BRING BACK THE RINGS.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Agreed... I use precision passing as an example:

On precision passing, the dang thing TELLS you what buttons to press in advance, which doesn't help you to figure how to really control the ball. And when your WR drops the pass or you force it into coverage (because it tells you what WR you have to throw to) it's somehow your fault even if you did everything it told you to do.

Better instead of x out of y attempts gold, silver, bronze, how about USEFUL feedback, like "wrong receiver" or "use lob next time" or "led him too much" or "threw too late"
Old 08-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

Precision Modifer Drill is IMPOSSIBLE to get gold on!

I have wasted the last two hours of my life trying to get gold on this drill and it is absolutely impossible. Unlike most of the drills in Madden 25 and NCAA 14, some genius decided to make this 'drill' have 12 reps, and you have to get 11 of them perfect if you want a gold medal.

This is absurd and impossible for several reasons:

1) The next to last rep (#11) requires you to hold L2 and press triangle to hurdle over a downed defender. Yet, EVERY SINGLE TIME you do this, it still says you failed that rep. Due to this rep always failing, you must get all other 11 reps perfect.

2) Two of the reps require you to stiff arm a defender. You are guaranteed to fail at least one of these, if not both. The stiff arm precision modifier is halfway broken, and on several occasions I have pulled off a successful stiff arm with the modifier, only to have the game tell me I "failed"

3) Even on rookie, the other 9 reps not devoted to hurdling or stiff arms are still very possible to fail. You can pull off a successful spin or juke move, but still be tackled by a miraculous dive by the defender. You can do a truck move successfully, but still be tackled, even if you're using a power back.

Extremely disappointed in the fact that EA felt the need to make a running drill harder on rookie than actual in-game running plays on All-Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #12
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Precision Modifer Drill is IMPOSSIBLE to get gold on!

Keep at it bro. I got gold today on all of the drills, and I have terrible stick skills. I found the triple option and ball hawk drills the most irritating.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #13
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I had the same problem with the Precision Modifer in the demo. Spin and juke moves were entirely unresponsive. Haven't tried in the full game yet. Putting it on rookie so they'd miss the tackle and doing the move afterwards (having to press the button for it 2-5 more times) helped.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #14
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

Triple option to me has been easy as pie once I learned from NCAA 14's drills. Only option play that I struggle with is the pitch you have to make when the read takes the Qb. I end up fumbling that a fourth of the time.

How do you get past the hurdling rep on precision modifier?? I consider myself pretty good at running the football and I cannot pass this drill. What RB do I get for subjecting myself to this horror anyways?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #15
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000yards
Triple option to me has been easy as pie once I learned from NCAA 14's drills. Only option play that I struggle with is the pitch you have to make when the read takes the Qb. I end up fumbling that a fourth of the time.

How do you get past the hurdling rep on precision modifier?? I consider myself pretty good at running the football and I cannot pass this drill. What RB do I get for subjecting myself to this horror anyways?
I never played ncaa14 so this whole option deal is new to me. As far as hurdling in the drill, hold down the pm button and press the hurdle button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #16
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

I WAS PERFECT ON MY FIRST NINE REPS AND THEN I FAILED A STIFF ARM; DID A SUCCESSFUL HURDLE WHILE HOLDING R2 AND PRESSING TRIANGLE, AND THIS FRIGGIN GAME HAS THE AUDACITY TO TELL ME I FAILED THE HURDLE FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME IN A ROW. I am absolutely LIVID right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »