Home

Imported Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Imported Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #25
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Imported Draft Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
We were supposed to be able to edit draft picks with regards to name, number, equipment, position, but not ratings. Josh Looman said so in interview back in the spring. However, someone else posted that names could not be edited. See below............

VSN: Can draft classes be edited? Are they randomly generated?

Josh Looman: They won’t be randomly generated. All new players. You will be able to go in and edit their names, positions and numbers but you won’t be able to edit ratings.
Dang, that sucks. Could someone verify?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #26
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Has anyone with Season Pass looked into it to see how it's working? 2 questions...

I assume players have generic pictures.

1. Am I gonna draft Johnny Manziel for example and he be black and Teddy Bridgewater be white? Are they going to have a generic picture of someone of the wrong race?

2. Can you edit ratings this year? If I draft someone like Clowney and he ends up being a bust, can I edit him and make him a superstar like he probably will be? Can you edit skin colors?

Thanks guys!
Yes, I have ran through two seasons now of imported draft classes and the player color is random and not tied to the color of the player you imported. For example I had a white WR import into a black WR. The Qb's seem to be the only position where if the player has a very high overall there is a good chance he will transfer into the game with one. My WR and DT for instance were a 90 and 96 overall and both transferred into the game as a 55 and 64 overall.

This really wouldn't be a huge issue if you could edit the player during Connect Franchise...
Old 08-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #27
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Yes, I have ran through two seasons now of imported draft classes and the player color is random and not tied to the color of the player you imported. For example I had a white WR import into a black WR. The Qb's seem to be the only position where if the player has a very high overall there is a good chance he will transfer into the game with one. My WR and DT for instance were a 90 and 96 overall and both transferred into the game as a 55 and 64 overall.

This really wouldn't be a huge issue if you could edit the player during Connect Franchise...
So I'm guessing you can't edit player's skin color? If so, that will probably keep me from getting it. Drafting and and building up rookies is my favorite part about Madden...
Old 08-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforsure
Go buy the game then.. lol.. goodness.
It's only available in North America. And just for the draft classes, it's too expensive with importing and everything.. lol.. goodness.
NCAA: Miami Hurricanes, Texas A&M Aggies
Formula 1: Kimi Raikkonen
MotoGP: Casey Stoner, Jack Miller
NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson
IndyCar: Ryan Hunter-Reay
Old 08-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #29
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simile000
In an essence...you could pick up a 6th round QB and could argue who could start between that rookie and Matt Stafford/Alex Smith type of starter.
I'm sorry what? Matt Stafford is infinitely better than Alex Smith how can you group those two lol. Is Stafford really that underrated in Madden this year?
Old 08-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #30
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
So I'm guessing you can't edit player's skin color? If so, that will probably keep me from getting it. Drafting and and building up rookies is my favorite part about Madden...
Not to pile on but a bigger issue is the QB statistics at the end of the season in general especially all CPU controlled teams is going to hinder rookie progression long term until they get the engine fixe. Way too many interceptions which equates to low QB ratings for the top QB's in the game...
Old 08-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
I'm sorry what? Matt Stafford is infinitely better than Alex Smith how can you group those two lol. Is Stafford really that underrated in Madden this year?
I didn't mean in terms of real life ability or potential. Matt Stafford is an 85 overall and Alex Smith an 87 overall in M25. I simply meant that if you drafted say....Stephen Morris from Miami or A.J. Mccarron then those two could possibly overtake Stafford or Smith based on attributes. (not overalls of course)

Last edited by Simile000; 08-24-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #32
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simile000
I didn't mean in terms of real life ability or potential. Matt Stafford is an 85 overall and Alex Smith an 87 overall in M25. I simply meant that if you drafted say....Stephen Morris from Miami or A.J. Mccarron then those two could possibly overtake Stafford or Smith based on attributes. (not overalls of course)
Alex Smith is 87?? jesus, I seriously hope the community is working on some more realistic rated rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »