Home

32-Team Control. Your methods to the madness.

This is a discussion on 32-Team Control. Your methods to the madness. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #33
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 32-Team Control. Your methods to the madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That's another thing I'm potentially looking into. With custom playbooks being able to be used in CFM and being able to attach them to the CPU, it allows for a lot more to be done. I might look at, at the very least, expanding upon each teams default playbooks just so they have that much more at their arsenal to use. I can take out the Engage Eight type plays or at least tone down the amount they use it. I might even create some crazy playbooks for the incoming imaginary coaches just to add some Chip Kelly-esque flavor to things once I make it deeper into my franchise.
Not to hijack the great thread but could you comment on this a little more? Does this actually work this year? Can you set the CPU's gameplan and have them play against you using it? Can you rate the plays and they will use them as you have them rated?? That would be HUGE for me. Could someone test this out and like put some silly plays for 1st down and see if they run them?

If you can remove Engage Eights from the other 31 CPU teams playbooks in franchise mode, and they never call it ever again it would save the game for me. Can anyone confirm or deny being able to do this?

Last edited by BrianU; 08-26-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #34
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Not to hijack the great thread but could you comment on this a little more? Does this actually work this year? Can you set the CPU's gameplan and have them play against you using it? Can you rate the plays and they will use them as you have them rated?? That would be HUGE for me. Could someone test this out and like put some silly plays for 1st down and see if they run them?

If you can remove Engage Eights from the other 31 CPU teams playbooks in franchise mode, and they never call it ever again it would save the game for me. Can anyone confirm or deny being able to do this?
I haven't played the game yet so I can't confirm anything for sure but from everything I've asked and been told custom playbooks can go into CFM and that they can also be attached to the CPU so I can only assume at this point that it is in fact possible. I'll have the game on Tuesday and will definitely be testing this out to see the effectiveness.

Last edited by DeuceDouglas; 08-26-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #35
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Was going through the cuts from today and it got me thinking about the Practice Squad. It's not represented in the game but I was thinking that when controlling all 32, it could be possible to have an eight or six man practice squad for each team and just leave them in the free agents. The only problem being the fact that some (and I'm guessing a lot) of the cut players from preseason get deleted in the transition from preseason to regular season. And with most of the players that would be practice squad candidates being lower rated I think that would end up posing an issue there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #36
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

Brian-

I have the Season Pass version and I took a very quick look at this today. It does appear that you can use custom playbooks for the CPU teams, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'll do a full test later today and let you know. It's certainly a big deal for me as well.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #37
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
Brian-

I have the Season Pass version and I took a very quick look at this today. It does appear that you can use custom playbooks for the CPU teams, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'll do a full test later today and let you know. It's certainly a big deal for me as well.
I believe he also wants to know if the GamePlan feature is implemented in any way. The star system that chooses how likely the are to choose a play in a given situation. I'm fairly interested in this as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »