Home

Defensive Issues vs the Pass

This is a discussion on Defensive Issues vs the Pass within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Defensive Issues vs the Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by xid3atho0
Like in real football your DBs looks good if you play well on the D line, i think it is realistic there is a pocket to pass from, and if the D line donest effect the QB he gets a great ball off down field, add that in with great play mix up vs computer or a person and it would be near impossible to stop!!!! All i can say is work on your dline moves make the QB move... i thought the same as you at first but you have to throw the old madden thoughts away this is a new dynasty, insanely close to the actually game on sunday!
No, it's not.

Not trying to be "that guy", but you couldn't be anymore wrong.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #18
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGkaos
Nevermind, we are quite clearly playing different games. Sounds like you got the good version. My defenders don't know what sometimes mean. They just think everyone is running a different route making the receivers open as h***. I guess a torn ACL will make Revis play like a college scrub trying to make the team... Doesn't matter though, I'm trying to talk myself out of buying the game, I know I'll regret it because of how broken the defense is. Makes me a sad panda.
Would hate to see you give up so easily. There are multiple slider sets out there that provide a good game. Try them out and find the one that works for your gamestyle. I've found a perfect one for myself that gives me a realistic and challenging game.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Would hate to see you give up so easily. There are multiple slider sets out there that provide a good game. Try them out and find the one that works for your gamestyle. I've found a perfect one for myself that gives me a realistic and challenging game.
I've been trying for 2 days. The problem is, there is no run reaction slider. The way the game is programmed, it cannot be fixed by the user because of how the defense reacts to runs. I could NEVER get the defense to react accordingly because there is one, internal, setting for reaction time against the rush. And it's way too slow. The offensive line engages the linebackers 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage. The linebackers don't read fast enough and react only when the HB has the ball, which is like 2 seconds too late. Doesn't sound like much but it is a world of difference.

Like I said, unless EA decides this is an issue (I doubt the will), this game is simply too easy for me to enjoy. M13 had better defense, and that game was also a bit too easy... It's just that EA doesn't know football, they know video games. The difference is vastly apparent in M25.

I have a "retail copy" that I can try out some more. But I doubt I will see a good defense from the CPU.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #20
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGkaos
I don't know what game you're playing, but the CPU CAN'T stop the run. They just can't. I put sliders to the hardest setting possible. Averaged over 10 yards a carry. The CPU doesn't know gap control. Watch what the defense does against run plays with instant replay and tell me that's realistic!

The DBs refuse to recognize a receiver has made a cut until he has run 5 yards down the field extra. The WR is running an out route, and will be 5-10 yards open becaus the DB is covering Casper on a streak or something. I don't know what to tell you other than watch what the CPU defenders are doing. Not even close to realistic.

When I played online last night against six 49ers users I did nothing to my defense save for ensuring my line was in the correct position to defend the run. I only usered DeMarcus Ware for pash rush. Held every user to under 3.5 yards a carry.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
When I played online last night against six 49ers users I did nothing to my defense save for ensuring my line was in the correct position to defend the run. I only usered DeMarcus Ware for pash rush. Held every user to under 3.5 yards a carry.
Man, I feel like everyone is missing that I'm saying CPU. Not Human................. CPU means computer. When I play against the computer. You know, like playing by myself, Conneced Franchise against the computer. Nobody playing on the other team. Me vs Noone... Against the Central Proccessing Unit, not a person.

So yeah, I like to play Franchise by myself. But when the COMPUTER can't play defense, it kind of ruins that....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

@kgkaos

Try setting the *'roughing the kicker' slider to 25 - if that is not sufficient, try try a new value between 0 and 20.

*Roughing the kicker influences the defenses pursuit to the ball.

You are correct that they react too late and thus get swallowed up by blocks - all done to demo the new blocking mechanics.

I feel your grievances re the missing formula (run reaction time).

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xid3atho0
Like in real football your DBs looks good if you play well on the D line, i think it is realistic there is a pocket to pass from, and if the D line donest effect the QB he gets a great ball off down field, add that in with great play mix up vs computer or a person and it would be near impossible to stop!!!! All i can say is work on your dline moves make the QB move... i thought the same as you at first but you have to throw the old madden thoughts away this is a new dynasty, insanely close to the actually game on sunday!
I user'd my DE and forced Cam Newton to roll to the right. Had my CB in front of him. Ham Cam proceeds to throw the ball back across the field to a WR doing an out route. And the CB doesn't even attempt to under cut on all madden. I'd be dammed if that happens on Sunday lmfao
Old 08-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #24
Rookie

Bcole's Arena

OVR: 3

I play ps3, Not sure if this wil help you guys but for Madden 13/25 and NCAA 14 when I'm on defense wether I call man/zone/blitz or whatever, If you hold L2 pre-snap it brings up the commit play options by using R3stick, You CAN use L2 L3stick to shift Defense( moves LBs and DLine into position at same time not 2 differnt shifts) (not R3stick commit to pass or run). I have been noticing players react better to plays and whats happening in front of them. I think Using L2 L3stick down to shift D and then commit pass(or try it w/o pass commit) is a lil differnt than say pressing triangle d-pad down and pressing CBS and safeties. Try mixin it up holdL2 L3stick up,down,left,right Also when holding L2 on defense pre-sanp there is a defend qb option/defend rb option

Also when using the L2/L3stick u have to watch if ur usering the D line your defender will move slightly foward or left or back which ever direction you shift D if u shift down your user lineman will go into the neutral zone and get called offsides (just hit Circle to switch dlinemen and ur lineman will go back into postion before ball is hiked)
Sounds confusing but I wanted to clear that part up with Dshift

please guys mess around with that idea tell me what you guys are seeing and thinking

Last edited by Bcole; 08-26-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Correction

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »