Home

Player Overalls not adjusting to scheme changes?

This is a discussion on Player Overalls not adjusting to scheme changes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Player Overalls not adjusting to scheme changes?

Plus to answer your question... Just because you change a coaches scheme requirement to a player, it does not mean that player is what you are labeling him as. A 4-3 defensive end is still a 4-3 defensive end. Also changing say a 3-4 defensive end scheme preference to a 4-3 defensive end to simply boost your players skill ratings does not work. If your coach runs a 3-4 scheme he wants a true 3-4 end. Also changing the coaches position preferences does not seam to work either. Your default scheme preferences are whAt the coach wants for his system, he will not bend to you as the owner. If you don't like your coaches scheme fire him and bring In a coach who's scheme fits your players.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
Is anyone else encountering this problem? Once I start a franchise, it doesn't matter what type of scheme I run, or what type of player I want in that scheme, the rating doesn't change for my existing players.

I can change from west coast to spread, and pocket QB to mobile, and my QB ratings stay the same. I can pick 3-4 run stopper, or speed rusher, and all the DE overalls stay the same.

In last years game the overalls would adjust to which system you are running. That way you could get an idea of how guys ratings fit your system. Thus far for me nothing changes. It makes it hard to dole out deals for FA and resign my guys.

Can anyone help me out?
You're not alone. I'm playing as the Vikings and I adjusted some of the position schemes and their overall ratings do not change at all. I am not sure if that's the way it's suppose to be or if it is different for online Connected Franchise...and if it is, well guess I will have to restart my career. Ugh.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I also noticed schemes are wrong. Messed around with the bill with season ticket and they had them with 4-3 scheme and a 3-4 playbook. Then I started my 49ers today and they had Harbaugh using westcoast/ 4-3 base when the 49ers really use power run/3-4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #12
Rookie

i never look at OVR ratings on franchise mode. You have to go into an actual game and check out there ratings in depth chart. Then update your depth chart once you quit or finish game
Old 09-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddies3angels
i never look at OVR ratings on franchise mode. You have to go into an actual game and check out there ratings in depth chart. Then update your depth chart once you quit or finish game
that is a godawful way of doing it. there could be free agents with better in game overalls than the guys already on my team but we have no way of knowing this because their overalls outside of the games adjust due to your "scheme".

the notion that scheme makes such a huge difference is awful. like someone mentioned that devin hester becomes a 94 if he is placed in a speed scheme, that is hilarious! he is an awful receiver no matter what freaking scheme he plays in!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »