Home

Pistol, Spread Option, Read Option..

This is a discussion on Pistol, Spread Option, Read Option.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pistol, Spread Option, Read Option..

Are there any playbooks in Madden 25 tailored to the option this year? Last year they had a decent amount of plays but it wasn't something you could build a playbook/team/offense around. Is it different or the same this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Pistol, Spread Option, Read Option..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrewcrew
Are there any playbooks in Madden 25 tailored to the option this year? Last year they had a decent amount of plays but it wasn't something you could build a playbook/team/offense around. Is it different or the same this year?
You can make a custom playbook
Old 08-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Every team with a running QB. Bills, 49ers, Panthers, Eagles, Seahawks etc. I noticed they added an adjustment to watch QB or RB option. Haven't played online though. I'm hoping it can actually be stopped this year. When running it on Offense the DE ALWAYS seemed to stay home, which makes the read part boring.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

They have the a generic 'Pistol' playbook. Most shotgun plays have a read option in them. Eagles, Raiders, 49ers, Panthers, Seahawks have a ton of the option. Heck even Greenbay has a couple read options out of the shotgun. So they are there and there are quite a few.

I'm using Oaklands playbook with the Falcons right now seeing as I like their run plays but with Matt Ryan injured for 5 weeks and Steven Jackson injured for 7 I'm running the read option with Dominique Davis and Jaquizz Rodgers with play actions and it's working quite beautifully.

I am playing on All-Madden as well so I am seeing the cpu stopping the read option now and then (as long as I'm not calling the same play over and over).

Last edited by Ampking101; 08-26-2013 at 04:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »