Home

Where's John Madden?

This is a discussion on Where's John Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Where's John Madden?

Madden's commentating sucks. He knows his x's and o's but his voice is annoying. Thank goodness he ain't talking anymore.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankstallone83
They're doing a pretty cool throwback mode with NHL I believe. It's got the new graphics but old gameplay and controls, blue ice, etc...should be pretty cool.

I know the Madden team has their hands full and I wasn't really expecting much but ideally I would've liked to see a little bit more commemorative stuff.
The NHL throwback is 100% gimmick. I would rather them put their efforts somewhere else, like the Ai or Presentation. If I want nostalgia I'll go buy a Nintendo and play the old school games. Same goes with Madden.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
Rookie

StrongIsland666's Arena

OVR: 1

yea how hard would it have been to add the ambulance feature as an option..that wouldve been sick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #12
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankstallone83
Maybe I'm just old but after playing the season ticket version of Madden this week I was disappointed that the man himself, John Madden, didn't get a little more love.

It would've been really cool if they would have done something like an in game interview with him that queued one time during your first ccm season or a throwback commentary mode that used the classic lines like, "boom" and "got his big ole paws on it".

I don't know what Mr. Madden's health is like, perhaps he wasn't up to it. Also this is a lot to ask of a team that can't get wind or Super Bowl celebrations right but it would've been cool and a fitting tribute to the game's namesake. A missed opportunity imo.

edit: I know he's a coach and maybe there is something in the game and I just haven't seen it...
they could have, but they didn't. And they could have used his old lines from like 5 to 10. But they're just lazy.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
Madden's commentating sucks. He knows his x's and o's but his voice is annoying. Thank goodness he ain't talking anymore.
I disagree, I thought when him and Summerall were doing the games it was nice for my ears. Nothing extensive, but they did the job. Technology wasn't what is now, probably not their fault it was so limited anyway.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I disagree, I thought when him and Summerall were doing the games it was nice for my ears. Nothing extensive, but they did the job. Technology wasn't what is now, probably not their fault it was so limited anyway.

I hated him in the game and I hated his commentating in real life. I am glad he isn't doing anymore Monday Night games...
Old 08-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #15
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
I hated him in the game and I hated his commentating in real life. I am glad he isn't doing anymore Monday Night games...
You are the minority
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
You are the minority

I highly doubt that..LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »