Home

Where's John Madden?

This is a discussion on Where's John Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3
Where's John Madden?

Maybe I'm just old but after playing the season ticket version of Madden this week I was disappointed that the man himself, John Madden, didn't get a little more love.

It would've been really cool if they would have done something like an in game interview with him that queued one time during your first ccm season or a throwback commentary mode that used the classic lines like, "boom" and "got his big ole paws on it".

I don't know what Mr. Madden's health is like, perhaps he wasn't up to it. Also this is a lot to ask of a team that can't get wind or Super Bowl celebrations right but it would've been cool and a fitting tribute to the game's namesake. A missed opportunity imo.

edit: I know he's a coach and maybe there is something in the game and I just haven't seen it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Rookie

kbones21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Where's John Madden?

For what I know, he's the coach of the Madden 25 team in play now mode.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Madden is more of a name now for EA. Everybody just knows that EAs pro football game is called Madden. It would be nice to hear some references to him in the commentary or something like that. A "boom" here or a "boom" there would be nice to hear. God I miss seeing John on TV every week.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

His commentary, at least, gets some love during the intro (which I thought was cool, as well as the loading screens showing every game in the series).
Old 08-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

With today's massive storage media (8.5GB XBOX and even more PS3), I was really hoping EA would throw in some Madden from years past (92, 94, 98 and 04 would be good choices) you could play for nostaglia sake (like you would on an emulator or a Genesis, etc). The first Madden on console could have been included as these games are so small in size they could fit on the disc. Then you could hear Madden and Summerall whenever you wanted! "Boom!" "Oh no there's a man down"

Wasn't there a year they actually included an older version of Madden as a mode you could play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo93
With today's massive storage media (8.5GB XBOX and even more PS3), I was really hoping EA would throw in some Madden from years past (92, 94, 98 and 04 would be good choices) you could play for nostaglia sake (like you would on an emulator or a Genesis, etc). The first Madden on console could have been included as these games are so small in size they could fit on the disc. Then you could hear Madden and Summerall whenever you wanted! "Boom!" "Oh no there's a man down"

Wasn't there a year they actually included an older version of Madden as a mode you could play?

They're doing a pretty cool throwback mode with NHL I believe. It's got the new graphics but old gameplay and controls, blue ice, etc...should be pretty cool.

I know the Madden team has their hands full and I wasn't really expecting much but ideally I would've liked to see a little bit more commemorative stuff.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

I miss Madden commentating in Madden and Lee Corso commentating in NCAA. Gave these games so much personality.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

He's probably chilling in his war room of multiple TV's, snaking on a fresh Turduckin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »