Home

PS3 Retail version running slow?

This is a discussion on PS3 Retail version running slow? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #49
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PS3 Retail version running slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justino28
anybody know if getting a new disk fixes anything?

a guy over on the ea site exchanged his and said its still doing the same thing.... I told him take it back and if he got it from gamestop or such maybe they could pop it in one their consoles and check it for him.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #50
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemDaDream
I think some people need to stop assuming that this is a widespread problem until there is more information gathered. For those affected:

1. Are you playing on a PS3 fat or a PS3 slim?

2. Did you download the game or are you playing it off of a disk?

3. Are you playing the game with the patch installed or without the patch installed?

4. For those affected, did clearing your system's cache help?

5. What game mode does the freezing happen the most?

6. What team(s) did you use?
It seems some have issues, and others are playing the game. Another thing you should add to the above is whether it's offline or online. I am playing offline and have zero issues with the game. So maybe it's just people who are playing online.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #51
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

A new disc is probably not going to do much for you. I would guess that it's your system, especially if you're running on an older system. I have the (older) slim 120gb and my games run clunkier than my friend with the newer white slim 500gb system. As far as I know, deleting the cache won't help either, since it works differently on PS3 than 360. You'd have to delete on a game by game basis and reinstall the data any time you want to play that game.

Either selling it or holding on for a performance upgrade would be your best bet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Okay so....by searching around on the forums I see I'm not the only one who is experiencing these problems with the ps3 retail of madden...first time I booted it up, it was choppy, slowness being showed thru menus,etc. During the starting lineup, pictures arent being showed.... and also when a penalty is committed it takes FOREVER and freezes before the game boots up the next sequence of the ref actually calling it. This issue literally made it unplayable and didn't even touch it. SOOOO the next morning, my bro has the same game. So, I asked him to play his game on his system and OH LOOK, the game runs PERFECT! no issue at all. After seeing that I decide to bring my own system down and play it on the downstairs TV...and OH LOOK! NOW MY SYSTEM THAT I COULDN'T PLAY UPSTAIRS IS NOW RUNNING SMOOTH AS EGGS NOW! Sooo I'm like...how the HELL does a tv/location effect the smoothness of a game, I'm so confused... so after I seen it was working downstairs, I bring my system back upstairs and continue to play, thinking everything is okay now...well it wasn't cause soon as I played it, it did the SAME EXACT thing.

Like this is beyond weird, I've NEVER experienced something like this...how does a SYSTEM RUNNING THE SAME DISC work fine on my downstairs TV...but when I play it upstairs, it's choppy slow and freezes... does a TV really determine the smoothness that a SYSTEM is running???

PLEASE help if you can
Old 08-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiddyRG
Okay so....by searching around on the forums I see I'm not the only one who is experiencing these problems with the ps3 retail of madden...first time I booted it up, it was choppy, slowness being showed thru menus,etc. During the starting lineup, pictures arent being showed.... and also when a penalty is committed it takes FOREVER and freezes before the game boots up the next sequence of the ref actually calling it. This issue literally made it unplayable and didn't even touch it. SOOOO the next morning, my bro has the same game. So, I asked him to play his game on his system and OH LOOK, the game runs PERFECT! no issue at all. After seeing that I decide to bring my own system down and play it on the downstairs TV...and OH LOOK! NOW MY SYSTEM THAT I COULDN'T PLAY UPSTAIRS IS NOW RUNNING SMOOTH AS EGGS NOW! Sooo I'm like...how the HELL does a tv/location effect the smoothness of a game, I'm so confused... so after I seen it was working downstairs, I bring my system back upstairs and continue to play, thinking everything is okay now...well it wasn't cause soon as I played it, it did the SAME EXACT thing.

Like this is beyond weird, I've NEVER experienced something like this...how does a SYSTEM RUNNING THE SAME DISC work fine on my downstairs TV...but when I play it upstairs, it's choppy slow and freezes... does a TV really determine the smoothness that a SYSTEM is running???

PLEASE help if you can
That's very strange. I wonder if it has anything to do with wifi signal strength. The game does connect to the Madden servers, so perhaps there's something to this. It's the only thing I can think of.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #54
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiddyRG

PLEASE help if you can
It could be your internet connection. Are you hooked up?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm hooked up to the internet and signed in...I also brought down my TV downstairs; the same area where my brother is, and it still slow. I'm about to experiment again on the TV that ran smooth again to see if it was just dumb luck or if it actually does only run smooth on that TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #56
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Went ahead and got the retail disc anyway, installed the patch and no problems so far. No freezes, no slowdown. I dont have season pass or any of that stuff, but its actually running pretty smoothly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »