Home

best way to use the raiders?

This is a discussion on best way to use the raiders? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
best way to use the raiders?

hi, raiders fan here from australia.just wondering how people use the raiders. they have a little bit of talent but what i was wondering is how do u guys get jacobe ford and denarius moore in space. do u just use wr screens and bubble screens or are there certain plays i should look for?im still kinda learning the game, but have been following for years so you might need to dumb your answers down a bit for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: best way to use the raiders?

I'd personally suggest some slant routes with those guys. Comeback routes tend to work, too.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
Rookie

im actually thinking about running a pistol offence with pryor starting (always been a fan....not a fan of flynn) and maybe running jacobe ford out of the backfield everynow and then mixed up with some wr screens and slants like you said.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
Rookie

when i say backfield, i dont mean in replace of macfadden, i mean like the packers did with randall cobb a little last year, i think it was a full house formation they used....but it help with getting him the ball in space so he could use his speed.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Dont try to throw any complex routes lol the receivers cant make crisp cuts and Pryor cant make on target throws lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
Rookie

RVallee's Arena

OVR: 6

I used the Raiders in a league last year, and planned on using them again this year until I switched at the last minute lol.

-I was planning on starting Pryor instead of Matt Flynn, and running a lot of Read Option stuff, and hopefully progressing him nicely with the XP system. More upside to him especially if you're planning on playing leagues or a CCM with him.

-By the end of season 2 with them last year, Ford was only returning kicks. 98 speed is useless if you can't catch the ball, and it seemed he would drop 2 out of every 3 thrown to him. Call me crazy but I almost felt he caught it better in traffic than he did if he was wide open.

-Denaruis Moore is a beast. Guy played like a true #1 WR for me, and you should have no problems finding ways to get him the ball. He catches everything thrown at him, and has great speed to make moves after the catch.

-Keep your eye on WR Brice Butler. Low round, low rated rookie WR, but from what I've read he is really doing well in Raiders camp/preseason. Don't know if that will eventually translate to the roster ratings but it's something to watch for.

http://www.twitch.tv/rva11ee
Old 08-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

i think you can pick the offense you want to run in this game. so experiment and find whats most comfortable with your skill level and how you want to run you offense.
I have not played madden in four years before madden 25 so i very rarely run deep routes. i usually do ins and outs within 10 and 15 yards to move the ball. i would suggest that. also pay attention to whos actually open lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »