Home

13 vs. 25 [franchise mode]

This is a discussion on 13 vs. 25 [franchise mode] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 46
13 vs. 25 [franchise mode]

For those who have gotten into 25's CFM and last years CCM, which has stood out more?
I know its early, so you guys can add to this as you dig deeper.

I was thinking of FINALLY buying a madden this gen, because of the closeness of the franchise mode to my all time favorite, madden 07 ps2, but i found out they got rid of [lord knows why, since it was touted as returning in 12 because the fans wanted it] Player Roles and I LOVED how they worked in last gen.

I figured, maybe i can do without it, but i read a review stating this:

Draft logic seems to be hit or miss as well. With the 2nd overall pick in the 2014 draft, the New York Jets took a quarterback, just one year removed from selecting Geno Smith high in the 2nd round. When I went to look at Geno’s stats, I saw he was never even given a chance to play and prove himself.

http://traditionsportsonline.com/ea-...dden-25-review

i got worried.
that didnt really happen with old player roles on last gen.

so i ask, is 13's mode, which I assume has player roles, better?

thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 13 vs. 25 [franchise mode]

Madden 13 introduced the new CCM which is the new franchise mode. The CCM mode in 25 is an improved version with Owner mode now available so it's more in line with pre-13 franchise modes. As far as I'm aware nothing has been taken out from 13 CCM. I don't believe there were player roles in 13 CCM mode. There are player types like pocket passer or 3-4 pass rusher etc, but not roles like franchise quarterback.

As for the example with the Jets drafting a QB next year, well that's not really that far from the realm of possibilities. It is the Jets you're talking about and they did trade away valuable draft picks for Tebow only to cut him after basically not using him. It's totally plausible that if they had the #2 pick in the next draft that they would take a quarterback if there is a premier franchise QB available.

That said, if you really are interested in 13 vs 25 for franchise mode, it's really a no brainer to get 25. It has everything 13 does plays more.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
Madden 13 introduced the new CCM which is the new franchise mode. The CCM mode in 25 is an improved version with Owner mode now available so it's more in line with pre-13 franchise modes. As far as I'm aware nothing has been taken out from 13 CCM. I don't believe there were player roles in 13 CCM mode. There are player types like pocket passer or 3-4 pass rusher etc, but not roles like franchise quarterback.

As for the example with the Jets drafting a QB next year, well that's not really that far from the realm of possibilities. It is the Jets you're talking about and they did trade away valuable draft picks for Tebow only to cut him after basically not using him. It's totally plausible that if they had the #2 pick in the next draft that they would take a quarterback if there is a premier franchise QB available.

That said, if you really are interested in 13 vs 25 for franchise mode, it's really a no brainer to get 25. It has everything 13 does plays more.

thanks purplerat.
I guess player roles lasted one year then?
oy vey.

understood on the Jets QB situation.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think player roles lasted longer than 1 year, but 13 CCM is a completely new mode. Entirely different from everything that came before. 25 CCM is the next iteration and by all indications only improves over 13. So it's not really a matter of 13 vs 25 but rather everything before 13 vs 13/25, with 25 being a better version of 13.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

A few differences I've noticed:

-Player roles, at least how Madden 13 defined them, are still part of the game. You define how your team plays and what players fit into your gameplan in the "scheme" menu, which is now available out of the box (and not patched in as it was in 13). Each player has a definite player/scheme type and, like last year, the free agency menu tells you if certain players are good fits for your team or system. TLDR version: It's pretty much unchanged if you're comparing it to post-patch M13.

-Player Progression is a *bit* better in CFM (25) than it was in CC (13). Practice and game time are still the best way to improve every player on your team. I've only played as an owner, so I can't vouch for this in "Coach" mode, but the practice scenarios aren't as numerous as last year.

-On the positive side, practices offer 2000XP for a "win" and 1000XP for a "loss" during each scenario. I haven't done much investigation into individual player performance or XP boosts during practice, so I'm not sure how much that factors into it. But I've noticed that every player seems to progress or regress if you practice every week, so that's a good thing.

-Backups seem to emerge into starters based on their rate of development, age and game/practice performance, which didn't happen very often last year.

-A few examples of this from my Bills CFM: Rookie safety Duke Williams, backup tackle Chris Hairston, first-year tackle Zebrie Sanders and UDFA guard Zach Chibane overtook the overall rankings of the starters in their positions. Additionally, backup WR Chris Hogan and backup CB Crezdon Butler improved by 6-8 OVR at the end of the year just by meeting goals and overachieving statistically during limited playing time. Your mileage may vary, though.

-A nice "little thing" added into the scouting menu in M25: Bleeps. Before you ask, this doesn't involve EA covering up nasty words to preserve an "E" rating! It relates more to positive, neutral or negative responses to scouting. A happy-sounding bleep means the player fits well into your scheme or rates high in a category, no sound means it's a non-issue either way and a negative-sounding bleep means...well, you get my drift. It's just too bad the positive/neutral/negative elements don't carry into the menus or ratings in any way. You almost need to keep track of it yourself. In future editions, I suggest EA puts certain ratings in green or red to indicate a positive or negative effect.

-Twitter feeds and front end news have a bit more variation than they used to, but you still see a lot of repeated stories/phrases and the images are only based on default home/away uniform selections. This is where an in-game screenshot feature like NCAA's could come in handy...

-In-game observation, but commentary relating to in-game events has improved in 25, just not by much. Winning streaks and game-by-game performance updates made it in, but they're very general. Developers have already said that more specific commentary will make it into next-gen M25 so we'll see.

As with everything in the game, improvements are there but not quite all there. It's not perfect. If I had to pick one, it'd probably be M25 because the mode, hopefully, will only get better from what they started out with last year.

(BTW, I use the word "hopefully" because this is a development team that has scrapped and rebuilt its features as often as the Buffalo Bills themselves.)

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 08-27-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »