Home

Why can't they make franchise mode great again?

This is a discussion on Why can't they make franchise mode great again? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Why can't they make franchise mode great again?

In Madden 12 you could own a franchise and have multiple people own multiple teams.

Madden 13 completely removed.

Madden 25 tried...

My roommate and I always start a franchise together. We played Madden 12 for 2 years thanks to 13.

We waited for 25 forever!

And then with release came more dissapointment.

Yes, you (a single player) can control all 32 teams if you wish, however, if you want to do this with two players, one must simply pass the controller.

Why cant multiple gamer tags be used in creating an offline franchise mode? Why cant I use my controller to control my team, then my roommate can use his controller to make his moves?

I feel like I am playing the PS2 version where one needs to pass the controller so that the other person can make moves.

In Madden 12 this was not the case, why? Same goes for earlier xbox360 versions of Madden.

Don't know if this warranted its own thread but I am sooo tired of Madden trying and failing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why can't they make franchise mode great again?

Video games aren't made for people to enjoy playing with a buddy sitting on a couch next to them anymore. They're made to play w/ random people halfway across the world who cheat and glitch their way up leaderboards. Your request is about as simple as it gets yet it still won't get implemented.

After all these years Madden's franchise mode has made little to no progress. A few things I would like to see

- Practices: nobody actually wants to do practices but EA should implement something like NBA2k has where you choose a drill and your team gets boosts from doing it. The harder you work them the more fatigued they are come sunday and maybe even a higher chance of injury

- Personality attributes - Managing a 53 man locker room isn't easy. Players should have unique personalities and goals they feel should be met. If those goals aren't met they could hold out in the offseason or demand a trade. Very athletic players could be trouble makers and you could have to do risk/reward analysis to decide if they're worth signing instead of just going based off their physical skills

It's so damn obvious that EA is just too complacent w/ the Madden series. They really need a fire lit under their a$$ so they can quit playing it safe and make some real changes to the game

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

I guess I am missing the point of the two gamertags besides missing out on PS3 trophies.

How would you be able to manage everything needed without passing a controller? You want split screens for each controller hooked to your dynasty? To me that doesn't make much sense. Multi-player dynasty is the ability to select more than one team, which EA brought back. The only time you'd need two controllers is if your teams play each other on the field.

I'm not disagreeing EA fails and fails again but I'm not getting your point.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Banned

And there is still connected careers where you are allowed to invite your friends to join in your league. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just do a connected careers online with the two of you. Then you can both use your Gamertags and make the changes you need. You are NOT FORCED to play with STRANGERS like the other guy mentioned. I play leagues with my friends that cannot hang out with me on the couch anymore.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
I guess I am missing the point of the two gamertags besides missing out on PS3 trophies.

How would you be able to manage everything needed without passing a controller? You want split screens for each controller hooked to your dynasty? To me that doesn't make much sense. Multi-player dynasty is the ability to select more than one team, which EA brought back. The only time you'd need two controllers is if your teams play each other on the field.

I'm not disagreeing EA fails and fails again but I'm not getting your point.

None of my friends have Xbox Live so in past Maddens they would come over to my house and we would play offline franchise together. We would each control our own team and since my couches are on other sides of the rooms, we would each have our own controller and make changes to our team using our controller. I'm almost certain this is what the OP wants back, otherwise it's time wasted handing off your controller between 3, possibly 4 people back and forth just to make changes on your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molarmite
None of my friends have Xbox Live so in past Maddens they would come over to my house and we would play offline franchise together. We would each control our own team and since my couches are on other sides of the rooms, we would each have our own controller and make changes to our team using our controller. I'm almost certain this is what the OP wants back, otherwise it's time wasted handing off your controller between 3, possibly 4 people back and forth just to make changes on your team.
And not everyone of my friends wants to buy a copy of the game, pay for Xbox live, and then play each other while we talk using a headset. This is okay if that's the only way you can play friends but nothing is better than being in the same room while playing. I'm pretty sure when you do ccm online there are more restrictions also on what stuff you are allowed to edit. More freedom w/ offline mode

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord420
In Madden 12 you could own a franchise and have multiple people own multiple teams.

Madden 13 completely removed.

Madden 25 tried...

My roommate and I always start a franchise together. We played Madden 12 for 2 years thanks to 13.

We waited for 25 forever!

And then with release came more dissapointment.

Yes, you (a single player) can control all 32 teams if you wish, however, if you want to do this with two players, one must simply pass the controller.

Why cant multiple gamer tags be used in creating an offline franchise mode? Why cant I use my controller to control my team, then my roommate can use his controller to make his moves?

I feel like I am playing the PS2 version where one needs to pass the controller so that the other person can make moves.

In Madden 12 this was not the case, why? Same goes for earlier xbox360 versions of Madden.

Don't know if this warranted its own thread but I am sooo tired of Madden trying and failing.
You are complaining about having to do a 2 second exchange of a controller with your buddy?

Are you freaking kidding me?

"Screw you EA! You brought back 32 team control, but I don't want my roommate to touch my controller!"

I mean come on.

EA is far from innocent, but some people are beyond ridiculous.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

remember last year some EA developer came out and crapped all over the game and the game makers/his boss.

we later found out the guy was a taxi driver (for real), then was hired by EA to help develop madden.

Taxi Driver one day to Madden Developer the next day......

you want to know what's wrong w/ Madden.........there you go.

btw - nothing against taxi drivers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »