Home

Ran a few tests on route running...

This is a discussion on Ran a few tests on route running... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #33
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Ran a few tests on route running...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Well default All-Pro has always been garbage. Go into custom sliders and crank the computer reaction time and interceptions up to something like 90 and see what happens. Then, start to dial it back until you see bad defensive backs playing poorly, but good ones still play well. That's what slider testing is all about. Trying your best to find a set that best respects the ratings.
My feel is your shouldn't have to be fixing issues like this. The logic of this should be fix out the box. I feel sliders she be there to customize your difficulty in the game instead of choosing the generic difficulties. The sliders shouldnt be there to fix things that is broken or logic. It sucks that we are force to have to do this to enjoy a game against the cpu. Online players just have to deal with the BS out the box which sucks coming from a strictly online player.

Random thought what happened to them updating the turners frequently so we didnt have to wait periods of time for patches?

Sent From a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Tapatalk 4
"For me, winning isn't something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream." -Emmitt Smith
Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10785
My feel is your shouldn't have to be fixing issues like this. The logic of this should be fix out the box. I feel sliders she be there to customize your difficulty in the game instead of choosing the generic difficulties. The sliders shouldnt be there to fix things that is broken or logic. It sucks that we are force to have to do this to enjoy a game against the cpu. Online players just have to deal with the BS out the box which sucks coming from a strictly online player.

Random thought what happened to them updating the turners frequently so we didnt have to wait periods of time for patches?

I'm inclined to agree; sliders should improve the experience not fix it.

But I am sympathetic towards EA on this. The majority of the consumer base is made up of casual football fans who don't know the intricacies of football. If Madden was realistic out of the box (at least to the extent we discuss) many players would be very frustrated.

Regarding the tuners, my guess is that they hoped we just forgot they said that.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'm inclined to agree; sliders should improve the experience not fix it.

But I am sympathetic towards EA on this. The majority of the consumer base is made up of casual football fans who don't know the intricacies of football. If Madden was realistic out of the box (at least to the extent we discuss) many players would be very frustrated.

Regarding the tuners, my guess is that they hoped we just forgot they said that.
I disagree with that statement. Madden does not have to nail down every intricacy of football to be a good complete game that is enjoyable to play and balanced.
They just simply need to make ratings matter and change some of their philosophies. That way the difficulty settings would work. I've said this in other threads. Games like Gears of War have these hardcore modes that causal gamers should not enter. If you do not want a significant challenge then All Madden mode should not be for you. No "causal" gamer should be able to play on ALL Madden and light up the cpu running the same 3 routes to a 5 TD victory. I firmly believe that people aren't buying Madden because it's "Madden" but because it's the only NFL game on the market.

If you a casual gamer and you don't know anything about OS. You just won the Super Bowl year 1 in your offline dynasty and saw the losing team celebrating with the Lombardi, does that motivate you to put in more time on the game or go spend $20 on UT packs?

I remember when these online Franchises and Dynasties started. There use to be a waiting list for players who wanted to join. There were more players than leagues could fill. Now you can barely find new blood for leagues.

I'm not buying Madden 25 current Gen. Partially Because I am getting it on Next Gen. However the main reason I'm waiting is because of threads like this. The game has not changed and therefore it is not worthy of a double purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I disagree with that statement. Madden does not have to nail down every intricacy of football to be a good complete game that is enjoyable to play and balanced.
They just simply need to make ratings matter and change some of their philosophies. That way the difficulty settings would work. I've said this in other threads. Games like Gears of War have these hardcore modes that causal gamers should not enter. If you do not want a significant challenge then All Madden mode should not be for you. No "causal" gamer should be able to play on ALL Madden and light up the cpu running the same 3 routes to a 5 TD victory. I firmly believe that people aren't buying Madden because it's "Madden" but because it's the only NFL game on the market.

If you a casual gamer and you don't know anything about OS. You just won the Super Bowl year 1 in your offline dynasty and saw the losing team celebrating with the Lombardi, does that motivate you to put in more time on the game or go spend $20 on UT packs?

I remember when these online Franchises and Dynasties started. There use to be a waiting list for players who wanted to join. There were more players than leagues could fill. Now you can barely find new blood for leagues.

I'm not buying Madden 25 current Gen. Partially Because I am getting it on Next Gen. However the main reason I'm waiting is because of threads like this. The game has not changed and therefore it is not worthy of a double purchase.
You cannot compare Gears of War to Madden.

If you want to do a comparison, at least keep it to sports games. The most used comparison is to NBA 2K and its "simulation" vs "casual" settings. But all they are is slider sets.

Making a "harcore" or sim setting for Madden is not as simple
Old 08-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:

If you want to do a comparison, at least keep it to sports games. The most used comparison is to NBA 2K and its "simulation" vs "casual" settings. But all they are is slider sets.

Why would it not be? All you're doing is making CPU AI more responsive and adaptive. More pass rush, smaller passing windows, etc. These are things that should already be happening.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #38
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10785

I think everyone agrees with that. Who wouldn't? But the point is that you CAN "fix" some of it. I have chosen to just accept that Madden is more like playing High School football than NFL football and just deal with it.

There are things that you can do to improve your experience as a more hard core player. There is no reason to take advantage of that.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #39
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

According to who? Like someone else was just alluding to, I don't get what is so difficult about having a "sim" setting, seems to me it would just be using factory preset sliders and tuner. if for some odd reason actually creating a UI "sim" option is to hard, they could just make All Madden the defacto "sim" setting, with the aforementioned presets.

According to an EA community manager there is no sim setting in Madden because casuals and the media are perceived as not caring about one enough to justify the dev time in creating for hardcore gamers. At least that's the way I understood it but I'll post the exact quote so people can read it for themselves.

Big_FN_Deal said:

Emmdotfrisk-EASPORTS Community Manager replied:

I've been saying this for years as well, but what it comes down to is dev time. We are constantly up against time and have to prioritize features and improvements. While a simulation setting is big with the hardcore community the average gamer and media won't tell the difference....

http://forums.traditionsportsonline..../#post-1419541
Old 08-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
According to who? Like someone else was just alluding to, I don't get what is so difficult about having a "sim" setting, seems to me it would just be using factory preset sliders and tuner. if for some odd reason actually creating a UI "sim" option is to hard, they could just make All Madden the defacto "sim" setting, with the aforementioned presets.

According to an EA community manager there is no sim setting in Madden because casuals and the media are perceived as not caring about one enough to justify the dev time in creating for hardcore gamers. At least that's the way I understood it but I'll post the exact quote so people can read it for themselves.

Big_FN_Deal said:

Emmdotfrisk-EASPORTS Community Manager replied:

I've been saying this for years as well, but what it comes down to is dev time. We are constantly up against time and have to prioritize features and improvements. While a simulation setting is big with the hardcore community the average gamer and media won't tell the difference....

http://forums.traditionsportsonline..../#post-1419541

Thank you and that is my point. Only question is, now that EA has been working on next gen for 2 years. Did they take the time to create this feature for the future?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »