Home

Practice mode will ruin your franchise

This is a discussion on Practice mode will ruin your franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 04:09 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Practice mode will ruin your franchise

a salary cap and CPU controlled teams progressing the same way will keep everything even for the most part.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #34
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Boy
You switched their tweets though. Looman said what you said Matt Roberts said.

Looman and his deflecting of weird things in this game do nothing for me.
When you tweet you type the guys name your talking to, the lines that begun with @Josh_Looman are from the consumer and @theotherguys name is the ones from Josh.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #35
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I understand why people are worried, but I think it's too early to yell outrage. I feel alot of the worry is from the OVR number, which as we all know in sports games is not the most important thing.. its the individual attributes. Like people said raising awareness very high pumps the OVR but it does have much impact ingame.

OVR is calculated different in Franchise mode than it is in the roster for Play Now mode its important to remember. I think the problem isnt the practice XP or the XP of packages so much as it is how the OVR is calculated. It is a misrepresentation. Should it be fixed? Yes. Is it game breaking? Not sure yet but dont think so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #36
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I think some of you are missing the point. This imbalance means anybody can build a powerhouse in a few easy, repeatable steps and Online CFM becomes a race to figure the following out:

1. Trade all old players away for draft picks and young, dumb (low AWR/PRC) physical freaks.
2. Draft nothing but physical freaks.
3. Spend the 25k (cheaper for some reason this year) in year one to upgrade Development for all of these rookies and young players.
4. With 34K in XP from Practice, these types of players should easily progress 5-7 OVR per year and reach the 70's and 80's in skill and intangible ratings.
5. You now have a powerhouse.

They just cheapened actual football skill and talent in favor of making the lazy player happy.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Now what happens if I don't do the practice every week? Will players still progress?
Old 08-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #38
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekolas
1. every game against CPU is easy anyway, so much in fact that in my M13 online franchise we had to impose a max score against CPUs, because several people were beating them too much. In online franchise, all that matters is the human competition for playoffs/superbowl

2. cap matters a lot. You speak of raising a players OVR fast, but this is mainly through AWR. AWR basically does nothing unless you are simming. So you may have 80 ovr back ups, but they are "inflated". Try again but by raising the important attributes for each position and tell us if it as easy

^ that being said, the system is flawed. My play in M13 became very XP concentrated, so that every CPU game was about hitting players goals in order to maximize XP. It became a drag, ruined what madden is about, and made my starters so powerful that rookies became useless, since it would take too long for them to train to become better than even my back ups. (i couldnt help myself though, because i was playing in an online franchise with other teams doing something similar, so to keep up..)

Anyway, point being, with salary cap your pumped starters and back ups are going to demand too high a salary for you to keep up in about 3-4 years.
SMH

I already talked about the cap. you could just trade players away #1 before their contract is up. Plus even after they leave you you still got 2 years out of them at a high level of play. Oh and not to mention that means every draft class you have can do this

and you really say that awr doesn't matter? Really? Maybe not for a player you control and not all that important for WRs...but you really think that awr doesn't matter for the 10 players you aren't controlling on D? AWR doesn't matter for your OL?

Hello sir. I would like to introduce you to a game called madden. It is in it's 25th year and it still can't get it right. The awareness attribute does matter though, so there is a plus
Old 08-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 1

awr also works if you play coach mode.

practice xps can also rectify things i have a problem with. for example Lattimore has an INJ of low 60s, now the practice xps this year could be used to raise that as he isnt playing, isnt affecting his ovr and is actually what he and carradine will be doing

im only messing about with the preview until i get the game on friday. on wrs i raise awr/cat/rte whatever the lowest cost is because that replicates coaches pointing out the "low hanging fruit" and the learning curve that lessens

im not using the exps to raise awr on players so i can trade them

and on defence rookies get PRC and depending on position tkl/mcv/zcv/bsh/pmv

however i do try and get the predictable trait, cos i feel i have to as part of their transition to the pros

the vets i tend to consistency
Old 08-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #40
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Its easy to build a nice team, but you definitely are not going to be able to afford those guys.

So basically you're building guys for other teams, just like it happens in the NFL. This is a non-issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »