Home

Practice mode will ruin your franchise

This is a discussion on Practice mode will ruin your franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Practice mode will ruin your franchise

after playing every practice in M13 i can vouch for this. Both me and my friend in my online CCM had super bowl caliber teams for 10+ years in a row. If you practice you'll have a probowl team. I'm going to limit it this year to 3 practices a season. I want to progress but make it more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 5

Just make XP progression optional, with another option being a realistic progression algorithm based on real world parameters. Even make the algorithm editable so that gamers can tweak it if they like. My god, football games in the late 80's or early 90's had something like an editable progression algorithm (and if I remember correctly, one for each position). There are so many real world parameters that go into an actual athlete's progression that this could really be expanded upon and given such depth. Progression variables can even spill over into scouting, player evaluation and in depth coaching staffs.

There is so much EA/Tib could do to EXPAND on this game and give it a much more realistic feel and depth instead of the current continually recycling old features.

And these algorithm's should be user editable. Including overalls. Requested salaries (and progression). Just about everything should be editable and customizable.

Have the game come with defaults that you can use out of the box or quickly reset back to. But make just about everything customizable.

This is one of the most frustrating things for me. The game is 25 years old and is still purposely very rigid and restrictive and lacks so much depth.

Even make it so that league play, only the commissioner can adjust the algorithms. But single player franchise, let their be no restrictions.

EA/Tib could do this and give the option of either "XP" or "progression algorithm".

Last edited by bucky60; 08-29-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Lovin
Now what happens if I don't do the practice every week? Will players still progress?
Anyone know about this?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #44
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Anyone know about this?
If you win a game your team players get a small boost.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #45
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Doesn't bother me too much to be honest. All the important skills usually cost a ton to level up
Yeah, My experience thus far is that XP costs exponentially more as players get older and obviously the cost of XP rise significantly once an attribute reaches a certain threshold. Awareness for instance is pretty cheap in the beginning but once a player gets into the low 80's the cost of upgrading it is a lot more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I don't think you guys are understanding what I'm saying. EVERY PLAYER on your roster gets this whenever you play as an owner or coach. That means backups. So yea, attributes tend to cost more once they hit the the 80s, but every player can hit the 80s in awr, catching etc and that means that 5th string WR/CBs are going to be 80 overall by year 2/3. That's a powerhouse. When the backups to your backups could start on half the teams in the league, there's a problem
I don't see the problem with this. Dont you want your backups to progress? I mean how else are they going to get any better? How is the 6th round tackle you drafted ever going to have the chance to start is he doesn't practice.

Also you are operating under the assumption that you "win" every practice. Instead of quitting and practicing again when a loss is imminent, why not just take the loss and move on? Your team just didn't get better that week.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
If you win a game your team players get a small boost.
So if you don't "practice", the only way your players progress is if they win the game?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #48
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
So if you don't "practice", the only way your players progress is if they win the game?
Yeah but it very minimal to non-participants and major to the star players. Practices gives the goons a chance to compete, by boosting.

Most goons have low awareness, so most of your points go there.

The way its setup is no problem, because building a superstar takes a huge amount of points.

1700 points for a one point jump makes you spend points wisely, once you get into the low 80s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »