Home

Delete the patch!

This is a discussion on Delete the patch! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #33
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Delete the patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus
I honestly feel like the patch didnt do anything significant. I think you guys are thinking to much and putting to much in to the patch. I doubt there was any significant game play changes, game feels the same before and after.
Let them choke on that placebo pill
Old 08-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scip4
For some PS3 users (like myself) the game is completely unplayable with the patch. Slow menus and the game freezes when creating a custom coach or just trying to play in exhibition mode. It could have something to do with the patch working with large hard drives (my PS3 slim with 500gb HD) but without the patch it plays fine. Just have to deal with the disappearing players.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
I've got a question. I got the PS3 version last night, downloaded the patch when it prompted me to during startup, and then realized that the menus were incredibly slow. I just assumed this was typical EA BS. But, if it had something to do with the patch, I may consider deleting it. What is the invisible player issue?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #35
Rookie

blackadder33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
also havent seen any invisable people either......
Yes, because um... they're, you know.. invisible?
And thanks for the changelog list of changes EA, awesome job! Oh wait.. there wasn't one...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder33
Yes, because um... they're, you know.. invisible?
And thanks for the changelog list of changes EA, awesome job! Oh wait.. there wasn't one...
Seriously. How hard is it to hire someone who can interact with the fan base and discuss the bugs/issues and what needs to be fixed? At least a blog or site somewhere that lists:

A) The changes that patches are making.
B) How to use the new features. Some of the CFM options and features are confusing and have literally no information on how to use them correctly.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #37
Rookie

No one noticed better defensive play for the user pre-patch in CFM? Post patch it seemed whenever I played zone defense the cpu could run a streak route and run past my defense every time. And I was using cover 4 and cover 3.

Pre-patch user ai defense seems more aware. Smarter. Post patch games I played the cpu qb were completing 80-100% of there passes. The pre patch game I played the cpu was around 60-70.

I played a 2nd game and the results seemed they were going to be the same as the first., but than the game froze at halftime
Old 08-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 32
Delete the patch!

I'm sorry, but the difference we see is not placebo. Not on the PS3 at least. There are guys all over the Internet posting about the patch and the difference it makes in regards to game play.

I have no idea how you PS3 guys can't see it. The game just becomes a clunky mess with the patch.

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-28-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #39
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

All this is has got me sitting here staring at the game (ps3) still wrapped in plastic. I'm on offiline franchise guy & play that a lot. BUT, I also play like to play with MUT quite a bit as well. Kinda stuck in a damned if I do, damned if I don't scenario.......
Old 08-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcards
All this is has got me sitting here staring at the game (ps3) still wrapped in plastic. I'm on offiline franchise guy & play that a lot. BUT, I also play like to play with MUT quite a bit as well. Kinda stuck in a damned if I do, damned if I don't scenario.......
Not that big of a deal... Delete the patch for offline play and disable your Internet. Then enable and re download for online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »