Home

Delete the patch!

This is a discussion on Delete the patch! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #41
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Delete the patch!

Yeah, but still kind of ridiculous to go through. Not saying I won't do it, as I'm itching to play it, but still..........

Overall, sounds like they got a lot more right than wrong, but in classic fashion, may have made more wrong than right with the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #42
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I'm sorry, but the difference we see is not placebo. Not on the PS3 at least. There are guys all over the Internet posting about the patch and the difference it makes in regards to game play.

I have no idea how you PS3 guys can't see it. The game just becomes a clunky mess with the patch.
What are the specific differences?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32
Delete the patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What are the specific differences?
It's nuts that I have to keep stating this. First , the visuals are toned down, second the difference in game play is almost night and day. The game feels much more sped up and clunky. It just feels off with the patch on PS3. I can't make it through a quarter.

I love the game without the patch and hate it with it. Period

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-28-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
It's nuts that I have to keep stating this. First , the visuals are toned down, second the difference in game play is almost night and day. The game feels much more sped up and clunky. It just feels off with the patch on PS3. I can't make it through a quarter.

Do you see invisible players without the patch? Do menus still move slow and clunky without the patch?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #45
Banned

Delete the patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream6
Do you see invisible players without the patch? Do menus still move slow and clunky without the patch?
I played 15 min quarters last night and didn't see one invisible player. I am playing a second game tonight, not one invisible player. I haven't noticed slow menus

Playing a bruiser right now in Wash. Down 7-3 with 8:15 left in second. Turned fumble down to 15 and have seen one this game. Injury 62 and Fatigue 72. I like how the games slow down with higher fatigue.

Freaking Morris just broke a 60 yarder on me.

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-28-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #46
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

This is why people are citing the placebo effect. The differences you list are "visuals are toned down", and "difference in game play is almost night and day". Phrases like "more sped up and clunky" and "feels off" don't explain things any better. The most specific thing you list is visuals, and you don't cite any specific example to support your claim.

It very well might play better without a patch (Full disclosure: I haven't tried it yet), but you can't say "it's nuts that I have to keep stating this" when you really haven't stated anything yet.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
This is why people are citing the placebo effect. The differences you list are "visuals are toned down", and "difference in game play is almost night and day". Phrases like "more sped up and clunky" and "feels off" don't explain things any better. The most specific thing you list is visuals, and you don't cite any specific example to support your claim.

It very well might play better without a patch (Full disclosure: I haven't tried it yet), but you can't say "it's nuts that I have to keep stating this" when you really haven't stated anything yet.
Exactly my point.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #48
Banned

Delete the patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

News flash fellas! I don't really have anything to prove to you nor do I care to try. Especially, when you have placed little to no effort in trying to see for yourself. Go ahead and play the game as you want. I am simply stating what I see. Either try for yourself or don't... Doesn't matter to me one bit. I have stated what I see and feel. If you like it with the patch, play with the patch, but don't come here and try to trash me like I have no idea what I am talking about, because I have been back and forth between the two and I can tell a difference. Unlike, you I am putting forth the effort to try to find out for myself, instead of letting others do the work for me.

Just like with sliders, it is difficult to pinpoint specific whys and hows. It is simply feel and perspective. The game feels different between the two.

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-28-2013 at 10:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »