Home

Delete the patch!

This is a discussion on Delete the patch! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Delete the patch!

PS3 user here.

I'd like to confirm that deleting the patch makes this game a lot more enjoyable. I played the first night with the patch, had laggy menus, choppy gameplay, and a freeze during a game loading screen. In two nights without the patch, I have played three very realistic and enjoyable games and also have had much more success with the menus.

Thank you to the OP for suggesting this. It makes me happy.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #58
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

On ps3. Just played bengals v steelers pre and post patch with a&s sliders. Game is definitely different.

Pre patch the color pallet is different. All colors are toned down and are nowhere near as vibrant and the sharpness is drastically reduced resulting in less jaggies. Personally I like the per patch more muted colors but it looks more high definition post patch.

Gameplay is different seemingly because the normal game speed is increased post patch. Pre patch normal plays like slow post patch. This reults in better animations and smoother gameplay but the CPU effectiveness is drastically reduced on offense and defense.

Personally I like the graphics and smoothness pre patch but the CPU did not put up any semblance of a threat on offense and could not defend the run at all. Post patch looks jerky but plays a more competitive game. Additionally for an entire drive my re, cb and fs were all invisible pre patch. I'd rather have a competitive game, deal with some wonky animations and actually be able to see all 11 guys on my team so I'm sticking to post patch, but the differences are there.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #59

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Because I can't post specifics. I can only post what I see and feel. I notice an extreme difference in the feel of the game post patch. The animations do not play out smoothly. Player movement is much more jerky. The graphics are more jagged. Game speed is faster, players seem to have less weight and are more floaty. It just doesn't feel right. I noticed it during the early release. I hated the game play. I went to the store and played the retail copy without the patch. I loved it! That is going to be the best I can do.
This is all fine and dandy.

But if this is the best you can do it's time to stop saying things like "it's nut that I keep stating this" because sorry, you are stating nothing.

I don't care that you have no desire to post specifics, I'm glad you enjoy it the way you do but there is no need to get so defensive when others ask you for specifics.

Feel free to post your opinion, but if you are asked about that opinion and can't back it up with anything other than "that's just how I feel" drop the defensive tone when questioned.

Just because someone is asking you to post specifics doesn't mean they are questioning you.

I'm happy with the game with the patch but have been very curious as to why you feel differently post patch, I was hoping you would elaborate a bit on the difference other than your vague answers. You've posted literally nothing that would make me consider changing back and I was legitimately curious if there would be a good reason to revert back.

Last edited by kehlis; 08-30-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #60
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
This only effects PS3 users, I guess.

I played a game w/the patch & w/o the patch, and saw no difference at all (on 360)

Sucks to be a Sony user
No one will be saying that once the PS4 is released.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #61
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Why does it feel like this entire site is majority PS3 owners?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #62
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Why does it feel like this entire site is majority PS3 owners?
Most are probably baseball fans as well and if you are a baseball fan you don't have a choice but to own a ps3.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This is all fine and dandy.

But if this is the best you can do it's time to stop saying things like "it's nut that I keep stating this" because sorry, you are stating nothing.

I don't care that you have no desire to post specifics, I'm glad you enjoy it the way you do but there is no need to get so defensive when others ask you for specifics.

Feel free to post your opinion, but if you are asked about that opinion and can't back it up with anything other than "that's just how I feel" drop the defensive tone when questioned.

Just because someone is asking you to post specifics doesn't mean they are questioning you.

I'm happy with the game with the patch but have been very curious as to why you feel differently post patch, I was hoping you would elaborate a bit on the difference other than your vague answers. You've posted literally nothing that would make me consider changing back and I was legitimately curious if there would be a good reason to revert back.
You know what. I think my posts are being misconstrued as I am trying to convince others to delete the patch, which indeed is not the case. I think there are certain members of the community who seem to ride the efforts of others, not trying anything for themselves, but become argumentative and condescending when another poster states his/her opinion on a subject.

I don't like it, I think it is lazy. It takes all of 5 minutes to be up and running patch free. I can understand those who ask questions if there is monetary risk involved, but I can't understand why someone wants to post opinions and perspectives on what someone else is saying, without putting forth the effort themselves so they can make their own opinions and base those opinions with their own facts.

So what if I am not saying anything specific. In this scenario, it is difficult to state specifics, because most of it is based on feel. Again, I not trying to sell people on removing the patch. I simply noticed a difference after installing the patch.

So with that said, try it, if you like the patch... wonderful! If you don't... wonderful!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 6

Im on ps3 and I tried w/o the patch today and I want to say I noticed a difference but not too sure. I have huge gripes this year with all madden difficulty and I played a few games and I didn't feel any more challenged than post patch. If this game played like all madden in 13 I'd be in heaven. I've been contemplating picking up the 360 version to see if its anymore difficult. I sure hope the ps4 version isn't like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »